gun juice what is it?

new shooter

Gun juice what is it? Hows it help the rifle? I see kirby used in one of his 338ax. Doe's it help the camber last longer? More fps out of rifle?

do a google search.
i used on my rifle with a brnd new barell, and fooling is almost reduced to minimum. i put through tube more then 500rounds, and i clened twice with coper mover.
before i did a chech to see how bad it was, and you will be surprised how well it works.
the ideea is: use one patch of gun juice, shot one round, and so on 10times.
then just use gunjuice to replace your gun oil.
for me it takes 3patches and 5min to clean the barell, and 20min to clean the muzzlebrake.
this solution works...
it makes your rifle shoot with 80-100fps fa ter, and increase your barell life alot.
makes all the moving parts, more smoth, less friction, less coper residue on barell.

I use it on all of my precision type rifles. I can say that my barrels don't foul much at all. My one .308 will go 400 rounds between cleaning and doesn't look all that bad when it does get cleaned.

Re: Maybe Kirby, GG, or Shawn will sound in?

I researched Gun Juice about 12 months ago, but never purchased any. At that time it seemed to have some believers in Canada, where I understood it was developed. I think a primary claim was that rifle barrel life was substantially increased when using this product. I'm still waiting for someone who shoots a lot more than me - someone with a wealth of chronograph time - to tell me it gained them 100 fps velocity compared to an untreated barrel, and that their barrels foul much less than normal. In the past 12 months this is only the second time I've read about Gun Juice on this Forum, so its claim to fame isn't spreading like wildfire. I decided to hold off buying until a Kirby, GG, Shawn, or similar in-the-know guy tell me it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:
I know Kirby has used it for barrel break-in, so unless he's changed his mind, this is a pretty good endorsement.

I have 3 new LRT rifles and 2 new hunters that need to be broken in.

It would be great to have another opinion on this stuff!

I hear you. That's why I kept track of a couple of these threads and posted the links. It's an interesting discussion. The link to the test that magazine did was interesting as well.

long ranger (Alberta Tactical Rifle) has had very good luck with it apparently with it over the years.

I think Kirby may have tested it a bit and I'd be very curious for his input at this point.

Come to find out that the factory (or one of the regional factories is in my back yard--very small operation here in Bellingham) is right in my backyard. I went and picked up 4oz. Gun Juice and they gave me some Precision Oiler for free and then I went through the process on the instructions (slather it in the barrel and other areas and use a hairdryer to get the area hot while working it into the metal. Then fire a shell, patch it with Gun Juice fire, etc. 20x for a SS barrel as my pistols are. I have no idea if it helped with the pistols. The metal thats been treated definitely feels more slick. Who knows.

I also worked it into the barrel of my 300RUM and will test that over the chrono when I get a chance. I'm sending in my scope to Leupold for them to check over, so it'll be a few weeks before I do the patch, fire 20x routine with that. I'm planning on firing each shot over the chrono and see what it says. This rifle has about 1000 rnds through it and seems to be starting to lose its accuracy, so it might be a good test rifle for this. We'll see.

Re: Gun Juice - Recently treated 4 rifle barrels

I applied Gun Juice to four different rifle barrels over the past two weeks. The one thing I will say for certain is that it reduces copper fouling. The stuff is definitely laying something down in the bore as the copper fouling is pretty much eliminated in the bores that had very little copper fouling after traditional break-in, and in the two rifle barrels with moderate copper fouling after break-in (before application of Gun Juice), the copper fouling is more than ~ 80% reduced after application of Gun Juice.

Two of these barrels I've fired over chronographs for at least one year, so I have a good record or prior MV. Two I haven't. I'll be shooting over the chronographs again sometime over the next 4-5 weeks, and it will be interesting to compare MVs with Gun Juice versus the former MVs without Gun Juice.

I believe the Gun Juice solution consists of very fine resin particles in a petroleum-based carrier fluid. When the rifle is fired, the heat and pressure generated in the bore melts the resin onto the surface of the bore. The bullet running snugly down the bore ensures the material is laid down on the bore surface more or less uniformly. Anyhow, I'm convinced it lays some type of coating down on the bore surface. These bores clean up much faster than they did prior to application of Gun Juice.

Whether the product also improves throat life or increases muzzle velocity, I wouldn't attempt to say at this point in time.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.