gun juice what is it?

I tried it on three guns.

300 Win Mag, AR-15, and a 22-250

The only chrono testing I did was on the 300 and it seems to have gained a little bit, like 20-25 fps. The biggest difference I noticed was the ease in cleaning as already stated, especially on my 300.

As far as an accuracy increase, I didn't notice any.

received a box today with the juice and lubricant. will try it on my 6wssm if it ever quits raining. i also have a new action that's rather difficult to cock. was hoping this stuff would make it work a little better.

Had to jump in on this one. FNG I have been using this for the last 3 years. The reason I started using it was that I had a lubrication system on a Bridgeport mill that it seems I was the only one who could use it. I would try to lube every time I walked by. I had an accident and knew I would be out for a very long time. The guy that sells me lubricants gave me a spray bottle of Microlon. I didn't go back to work for over a month. Everything worked like I had just lubed it that day. After that I bought the sportsman kit and a pair of 10/22's one for me and one for my daughter. I used the gun juice and assembly lube on mine. No problems out of mine after a day at the range hers would fail to feed the last round out of the mag every time. This happened for about 3 trips to the range. After that I cleaned it with CLP and put gun juice in the trigger assy and firing pin, used assy lube on the bolt. We have never had a problem again. I won't claim it as a wonder lube you still have to clean but it seems like it doesn't take long to clean anymore. I will clean every new gun with it before I do anything. For the price the assembly lube is a life saver for me I use it in everything guns, machines I even use it to lube torsion bars on a mini sprint race car.

Re: Chronographed Increased MV Today

Shot my 300 Win Mag over the chronographs today. The muzzle velocity increased about 45 fps in this Lilja 25.5" long barrel after treatment with Gun Juice. 210 Berger VLDs now starting at 2967 fps. 74.0 gr IMR 7828 - Federal GM210M primers in Lapua 300 Win Mag brass.

Shot my 7mm RM over the chronograph also. The muzzle velocity remained approximately the same in this Tikka T3 24 3/8" long barrel after treatment with Gun Juice. 168 Berger VLDs with a MV of 3055 fps. 74.8 gr Retumbo - Federal GM210M primers.

There was a very substantial increase in MV with the 300 WM. Not much change in the 7mm RM. These were the very same cartridges I'd loaded and shot prior to treatment of the bore with Gun Juice.

Dual chronograph setup. One an Oehler 33. One a PACT. I run two at a time with a separation of 6' on the Oehler skyscreens and 4' 6" on the PACT skyscreens.

Last edited:
Anyone else have any more info on this stuff? I'd really be interested if anyone has done any side-by-side testing to see if it extends the life of a barrel/throat.

How about that automotive stuff called Rislone?

Thanks!

I realize this is an old thread. But I haven't heard much about it recently.

My question is this: wouldn't firing a round and then wet patch then fire and so on, seal fouling ( copper ) in the barrel permanently?

I realize this is an old thread. But I haven't heard much about it recently.

My question is this: wouldn't firing a round and then wet patch then fire and so on, seal fouling ( copper ) in the barrel permanently?

That's not how the product was instructed to be installed/applied by the manufacturer. The bore was to be cleaned down to the bone prior to every treatment and additional shot fired. Forget all of that process anyhow. There's a newer installation process that is MUCH less tedious, and is now recommended by the manufacturer. I've used the new process on several of my rifle barrels and believe me, it's much less time consuming and seems to work just as well. If you want to send me your e-mail address via the LRH personal message system, I'll see if I can locate my electronic copy of the new Gun Juice application instructions.

The original instructions I received and used were so tedious, I don't know that many people would stick with it and do it properly. The new application instructions are the way to go.

Same to any other forum members. If you'd like the new application instructions, send me an e-mail address via the LRH personal message system. Reason for this is I don't know how to post an electronic document to a LRH Forum Thread. And I don't want to type the instructions, when I can send them directly via e-mail attachment.

I treated the exterior surface of several of my rifles at the same time I treated the bores using the new application instructions. Just got back from Kodiak Island. Spent 7 days in the off-and-on rain in a tent camp with no heat. I could tell that the Gun Juice treated barreled action (exterior) was helping prevent corrosion.

To the member that wanted hard evidence of improved bore/throat life, I'm not the guy to talk to, because I'll probably never shoot the throat out on any of my rifles. Other than maybe a 25 RUM. Cuz that cartridge may only take a couple hundred rounds to smoke the throat at 3850 fps MV. Point is, I don't shoot enough to shoot the throats out of my rifles.

A gun smith from Canada that introduced this Forum to the product claims he gets extended throat life. He and his customers may shoot enough to figure that one out.

Last edited:
Re: 25% Off Sale on Gun Juice - good until July 8, 2011

I just received a promotional e-mail message from Microlon Products, the manufacturer/seller of Gun Juice. Here's the link to Microlon's website: Save Money on Gas, Friction Reduction, Engine Treatments, Fuel Savings, Auto, Motorcycle

Use Promotional Code: FIREWORKS

Just in case you'd like to try Gun Juice at this discounted purchase price. BTW, I do not work for Microlon. They're located in Michigan... I'm in Alaska. I'm on their mailer list due to having purchased from them in the past.

I e-mailed Phorwath and got the new instructions. Here they are:

GunJuiceInstructions.jpg

I'm planning on giving this a try on my new Savage 110 FCP in 338LM that is supposed to coming. I figure what can I lose? 9 bucks? Ive read of one guy who actually lost velocity, and many more who have gained and plenty who have stayed the same. I have yet to read a report that said it was not easier to clean.
Thanks for the reply Paul

I have a heat gun. But I want to know how do you know when you get to the correct temp? Also is there a way to concentrate the heat just down the tube? I will probably make it a go if I can use my heat gun. I would really like to use it on my 7rum. I think that would be a good candidate for this stuff

Microlon just sent me a summer special offer of 20% off all of their products - good until August 15th only. Use promo code during checkout SS20 or call toll free 866-452-3911. That's about as good a discount as I've ever seen offered.

Here's a link to their Gun Juice product:

Welcome to the Microlon Products store

It used to be cheaper to purchase by their 4 oz. can size container. It looks like it's now cheaper by the oz. to simply purchase their 1 oz. plastic containers. One oz. should treat probably... two or more rifles, in my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts