GS CUSTOM, Berger, Barnes TTSX, or Swift Scirocco II

look fella's i thank ya'll for the info i didn't mean to get anything started, that was not my meaning toward this thread. i agree with the 175gr. berger bullet on elk but i do mostly hunting for whitetail and mule deer. i've thought and thought about it after reading all this... load up my deer round and then load up a heavy bullet for the elk. reason being loading up fer elk is that is gonna more then likely be a 1 time thing. i'll do test and get back with ya'll.. i had no idea the GS hv was that high. again i thank ya'll and sorry for getting tempers flaring.

look fella's i thank ya'll for the info i didn't mean to get anything started, that was not my meaning toward this thread. i agree with the 175gr. berger bullet on elk but i do mostly hunting for whitetail and mule deer. i've thought and thought about it after reading all this... load up my deer round and then load up a heavy bullet for the elk. reason being loading up fer elk is that is gonna more then likely be a 1 time thing. i'll do test and get back with ya'll.. i had no idea the GS hv was that high. again i thank ya'll and sorry for getting tempers flaring.
no temper here by me at all. But there does come a point, financially, for many where there's just no more advantage to the projectile you are shooting over what has worked for decades. Fact is, cheapo remmy corelokts, Federal regular bullets, winchester power points, and plain jane hornady interlocts have killed thousands of deer so it is arguable if anything more than that is needed unless you are specifically talking about ranges beyond 500-600 yards. Just my opinion and I don't have any reservations about it, but the GS Custom bullet is an overpriced bullet for the performance you get when compared to others.

What a shame.!!! This was very interesting thread until it turned in to a ****ing contest. TRICK OR TREAT?????
Maybe we can start another thread like this and leave the goblins out!
Again, what a shame.
This comment is directed at whom it may concern!!
Nuff said!!!!

If you would like to discuss this FTF that's the way best way to handle name calling. Let me know, then you can see a real goblin. To Whom It Does Concern. I have defended all that we stand for and WILL NOT BE DENIED A FREEDOM I HAVE DEFENDED. Especially to someone who seems to not to understand. So go out and vote for your incumbent today so you can loose some more of your freedom. Mainly the one that this site supports. If this cost me my access to this fine site so be it. It won't be the first I have lost, due to a disagreement over free speech with some mealy mouth........AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.......The gent from Tn. asked what we thought about which bullet was best.I just told the truth.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.