Grtools reloading software

taptap

Am I the only one here using grtools?

Free reloading software available on grtools.de

I find it easier to use than quickload, it offers obt calculation and lots of other stuff I didn't found out yet. A buddy enters and analyses his results with it.

If it's not allowed to plug/ endorse free software please delete this post, I only would like to share this because I'm enthousiastic about it myself

Regards, Bert

Been using Quick Load for the past few years. Like it and find it work good. I've just got into GRTool software. Seems real good but I have a question that maybe a user can answer. Is there a burn rate to adjust powder for velocity and I surmise serbet factor to be it's version of Quick Load's weighing factor. Is this right. THK

Been using Quick Load for the past few years. Like it and find it work good. I've just got into GRTool software. Seems real good but I have a question that maybe a user can answer. Is there a burn rate to adjust powder for velocity and I surmise serbet factor to be it's version of Quick Load's weighing factor. Is this right. THK
I simply jump to the OBT module and calibrate the velocity for the charge using chrono data. It will adjust the burn characteristics to match.

Unfortunately, Gordon, the gentleman that developed the GRT software passed away. RIP to him and peace for his family. I registered on his site but never received anything from it. I guess nobody was left to keep the software going

There are a couple of people trying to continue. There has not been an update since Gordon's passing but there have been powder and projectile updates on the discord channel. I was using it today trying to resurrect my 338 LM load

I simply jump to the OBT module and calibrate the velocity for the charge using chrono data. It will adjust the burn characteristics to match.
This works really well. If you want to go beyond, you can always adjust the powder and the serbert factor. There is a list around of serbert factors for various calibers but not sure how good they are
There are a few other things yiu can play with once you learn the tool

There are a couple of people trying to continue. There has not been an update since Gordon's passing but there have been powder and projectile updates on the discord channel. I was using it today trying to resurrect my 338 LM load
I hope they do. I'd like to try the software.