Green horn here, what are the biggest things youve learned from reloading good and bad?

I use the Lee Collet crimp on about everything I load, it easily lets me control the holding power, Most of mine do well with a 1/4 to 1/3 turn on setup.
Thermometer, infrared non contact.. Ammo temp as well as barrel temp [barrel seems less sensitive]
Depending on the game you play, hunting /1000 yd stare
*** Take notes every range day, a folder/not book helps with tracking improvement
* A compass in your range gear is a good tool passed 1/4 mile.

I'm a 3rd generation reloader and have been loading myself for almost 30 years. I'm still learning new things, and trying new things. Be open to suggestions, and don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of great info on this forum as well as others. Be as organized as you possibly can, and take good notes. My problem is I get started building a load for a rifle and then life happens and I might not get back to it for a minute. One thing that has helped me lately is my smart phone, I try to write as much load info on the target as I can when shooting, and snap a picture.

Biggest thing ive learned, i dont know how i went so long without buying an auto trickler set up. Have had the v3 for the past two years and i freaking love that thing lol but take lots of notes. Be consistent. Dont get hung up on a certain bullet. Ive wasted so many components trying to make certain bullets work before giving up and moving on.

Biggest thing I've learned in the bad end is be very careful with powder. Only one on the bench at a time. Don't do what I did and load rl16 when it should have been rl26 on accident!!

Biggest thing I've learned as far as accuracy. Neck tension, neck tension!!

Dont follow the instructions that come with full length dies. Get the Hornady headspace gauge or something similar to set up your dies.

Take good notes and only change one thing at a time.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Use a chronograph. Stay within published velocities. There is no magic powder or bullet that makes a 6.5 creedmoor a 6.5 PRC.

1) When using W296 or H110 (exactly the same powders, by the way) for .357 Magnum loads, you MUST use small pistol magnum primers. (Standard primers didn't ignite the powder, jamming my revolver with a bullet stuck in the forcing cone. I proved it three times. Yep, need those magnum primers.)

2) Buy a kinetic bullet puller; at some point you'll need to use it.

3) One powder on reloading bench at a time. Check you are using the correct powder BEFORE starting & then re-verify it was the correct powder again AFTER you are done. (Also, don't leave powder stored in your powder thrower.)

4) Visually verify your cases have the same amount of powder in each before seating bullets. Double charges happen (.38 Special & .45 Colt especially come to mind.) And empty cases happen, too. Both are BAD.