Great budget bow?

Remington5r

Hey guys what would be a great bow for hunting that shoots smooth and pretty fast that would cost under $700?

Find a two year old used bow. Typical price will be half of new. Saw a Bowtech Experience for $500 that had one hunting season on it. Bought a Mathews MR7 two years old for $500.
You can find some great deals on Archerytalk or Ebay.
Go to a pro shop and see what feels best. Shoot several models and brands and see what you like.
Make sure you buy the sight and other accessories local to support your local proshop.

Mission bows are affordable and they are decent for the money. I was going to buy one as a backup bow since they're so adjustable. Thus I could get many uses out of it (backup on road trips, for use with friends to learn or kids, etc). But honestly, you are far better off buying used. Plenty of guys upgrade to the latest and greatest bows every year. Prostaff guys get a number of bows each year and sell them off. Technology doesn't change that much from year to year. The difference in technology is more like every 5 years vs ever year. Just do your research on models to know what changed. Most of the time it doesn't make a difference, but sometimes it does.

Every bow you see in shops today could be found used for your price range…even those that came out this year. You would be surprised. Go shoot some bows and figure out what you want….make, model, draw length, poundage, etc. Don't let speed overly influence your decision. Same with poundage. Go with what's comfortable. Usually the most comfortable bow is what you'll be most accurate with. At least for a beginner. Once you narrow it down, then look on Archery Talk. You'll find exactly what you need if you give it some time. Could also check ebay and Craigslist, but there's a higher trust factor on Archery Talk if all other factors are the same. Good luck.

I would check out the Carbon Knight by Bowtech. Weighing only 3.2 pounds and shoots a pretty fast 335 fps. Ordered one for $599 bare bow, but with all the accessories it was $699 so it's not gonna break your bank.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.