Best budget bow

Allis98

i have an older Martin that I've shot for a year or too but was looking to upgrade so what do y'all think is the best bow for under 750

I would buy a used one, in that price range you can get a used last years top of the line model thats all set up. Craigslist usually always has a regular flow of used bows posted.
As for what brand most all the big name manufactures top of the line bows are pretty good.I would test fire as many different brand as I could before I made a decision.

I miss my old Pse Buckmaster ..so many kills under its belt !! Made the change in 2006 to a Bowtech and it's been a joy to shoot ! I bought it on a Tuesday night . Shot at the 20 yard and 30 yard range in the Shop , it took my groups down to well amazing !! That night i called my Forman and told him I was headed out in the morning for a Elk ..he chuckled ok .
Well at 9:15 a 5pt. Walked right to me ! The rest is history ! I will keep that old bow and re string it this year ! Couldnt hunt last fall I had Open Heart Surgery.
My thoughts for you are buy a new sight a new string and get back out there !!
Save your money ! The old bow has a few more kills in it I'm sure !!
Best of Luck to you this Fall !!

RumMan

Yup, used bow. Go to a pro shop and shoot a bunch of different top end bows and find which one you like. Then go to archerytalk.com and buy last years model of that top end bow below your budget from someone that buys a new bow every year. Last year I bought Prime's top of the line 2017 model bow in perfect condition for $350, and still had enough in my budget to get a Black Gold ascent 5 pin slider sight and a dozen arrows from the pro shop that helped me decide on the Prime bows. I'm slamming 500 grain arrows at 278 fps with that bow now, and it shoots like a dream.

Ya know what, I think I'm gonna go shoot it now. Good luck with your bow shopping!!

For that price you mentioned you could get a 1-2 year old top of the line used bow completely set up or close to it. You could find one basically in meant condition I would bet. archery talk classifieds is a good place to look.

I will second the recommendation to figure out what you want and then go on the classifieds on archerytalk and buy a used one. I will likely never buy a new bow again. There are too many bargains to be had on quality used bows. Pretty much every manufacturer makes top notch equipment now so I personally have zero worries buying used. Save some money to put towards accessories (buy them used too), licenses or gas to get you to your hunting location.

The increase in bow speeds over the last maybe 5 or so years has been pretty topped out. Thus, you can find a used bow even 5 years old that is a fast shooter. Matthews and Bowtech are my two top brands. I like a bow to be a certain way so I'm pretty picky and like to try a lot. Would try to get a top of the line bow in whatever model year you choose.

Used for sure, I have a Bowtech Reign 7 and love it, very easy to shoot.
I would check Archery talk out and go to a few shops around and handle as many bows as you can so you know what you are looking for. Then check out AT in the classified section and pick up that bow at a great savings

Search your local pro shops. You can find a year or two old flagship model for usually 30-40% discount. I got a new with warranty Halon32 earlier this year for $600.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.