Got that hunting excitement Yet!?

NW Hunter

Went out Wednesday shooting long range at 940 yards.
The 300wm drilled the first 3 shots with cold bore included with Berger 190 HVLDs.
I just started using a Lee bullet crimp die at 1/4 turn past hand tight on the 300. My ES for the first 5 shots was 5 fps.
My hunting excitement is building!

My two back up rifles needed some trajectory validation to get on target. Check.
Canyon crosswind between zero to 12 mph made it interesting with the 6.5 Creedmoor with 124 Hammers and 6.5x284 Berger 140 Hybrids.
I would get on the windage and the canyon would show me one more of it's 4 different wind directions.
Kind of check..Lol!

Beside the rifle part of the hunt, I will be hunting with my two boys for the first time in about 20 years!
They are pumped and buying gear.
Hunting to me is like watching playoff baseball. It pumps me up!
Now I get to share it with my boys!

Here's a toast to all of us excitement junkies!🥃
May your days be filled with joy!
Randy

Attachments

• 06545E16-4712-4E8C-81FF-C90FC0478BCC.jpeg
    06545E16-4712-4E8C-81FF-C90FC0478BCC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 174
Yup I'm ready. Couple final validation rounds on the 7-08ai with 140 absolute hammers then coues deer season kicks off on the 21st for me.

Yup I'm ready. Couple final validation rounds on the 7-08ai with 140 absolute hammers then coues deer season kicks off on the 21st for me.
Elkeater, it's all about the process that makes it work for me.
And then to execute the shot is everything we all work towards.
May your Coues deer give you a shot.

Cooler weather and changing colors just put me in a better state of mind. I can't wait to be sitting in the deer woods with one my trusty rifles. I can't think of a better place to be.
I feel the same way.
It gives me extra life that the world keeps trying to take away.
I'll be looking for my lunch eating bird buddies.

My favorite dies, Lee with separate seating & factory crimp dies. It allows greater control & consistency.

If using other die sets I use the seating/crimping dies in two steps: adjust to seat only; then readjust to crimp in a second operation.

I'll be checking zero on my rifle this weekend and getting my pack together. I head out this coming Thursday afternoon!
Fall has always been my favorite time of year. The crisp morning air, changing colors,
Good luck on your hunt and enjoy the time with your boys!