Good caliber choices

That may be but hornady does make a heck of a good box of ammo. Better than what you can find for the 260. And if your store doesnt have any its not a big deal to order some because everyone has it. I think that you will see the 260 go out the door and see the Creed take its place. The Creed is already taking the 260's glory..... may be wrong but its just a hunch.

Since you insist on making it a battle of the .264s, neither one will ever get the "glory" that the 6.5x55mm enjoys and deserved ... it's been around longer than the .30-06 ... and it's still going strong after all these years.

6.5 Creedmoor (produced 2008)
.260 Remington (produced 1997)
.30-06 Springfield (produced 1906)
6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser (produced 1894) lightbulb

Now let's stay on course and help the OP. :cool::):Dgun)

I am still trying to figure out why creedmore shooter is saying to go with the creedmore? Can someone help me with this.? Just kidding I seen who the post was by and knew what would be recommended. The good ol 06 but I was wrong again. lol

308,260,7mm-08 or 6.5 creedmoor? pick one and get to know it well. The man who knows his gun will win every time over the man who relies on his fancy barrel burner cartridge.

You should go for the old and approved 7x57 Mauser. :) Low recoil, high precision and surely enough ballistic performance for almost any type of (larger) game. Not to mention a lot of equipment for reloading and all that for decent prices. It's a real pleasure shooting this calibre also on the range due to its characteristics.
If you want to go for a 6,5mm, take the 6,5 x 55 Swede! Here in Scandinavia it's used with big success even for hunting (huge) moose. gun)

Attachments

• thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.