goat hunt

Cheap camera and poor photographer but the binos reveal a couple nice billies on this mountain.

PA140057.jpg

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Heck of a terrain, that's when that PT-conditioning pays dividends.

Partisan1911,
That is just AWESOME!!!
Really enjoyed your story, and the pictures are great too, what a scenery!!!
Beautiful place to hunt. That was one great hunting experience you just had there, and memories you and your friends will have for a lifetime.
Thanks for sharing. Great story!!!
Were you using a Eberlestock J107? Looks like it. Any comments about it?

I was using the dragonfly and abused it for a week. There were points I rolled my pack down hills because they were really steep and it was safer to roll the pack. The only damage was one small plastic buckle broke (my fault).I usually use a cabelas pack like my friend Chad used. Once you get over 100lbs of weight the cabelas pack was more comfortable. The dragonfly tended to pull me back a little straining the lower back because there is no way to put the weight up higher on the shoulders. I would not recommend it for anything larger than a goat sized animal. You may have noticed that I attached a few pouches on the outside so I can organize my pack a little better. I generally pack light for a week long hunt. Food, water, solo camping gear, rifle etc weighs less than 50lbs. Even for a couple day hunt I pack to stay in the woods a week.

First, thank you and your BIL for your service.

Second, you're turning me green here! Those are FANTASTIC pictures and the trophies are incredible!

Thanks a lot for the story too!

I too would like to thank you are for your service to our great Country! Freedom does not come free!!!!!

Next, thanks for your stories and pictures, they were great!

Rifles used were 300 win mag and 300WSM, both with 180gr Accubonds. Results were less than spectacular with those bullets. No special training for the increased angles, just knowing what the bullet will do. Our shots were slightly downhill but not enough to worry about. To get a decent shot we found ourselves having to climb slightly higher.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.