Go to Boots

I went to Summit Hut in Tucson and got fitted for some Lowas. He have me a completely different size than i ever would buy on my own. Changed the way i fitted boots. The Lowas were mountaineering boots but for a trip to Africa. I wear them when i don't have a pack and no challenging terain, like hiking with my wife.

So far I run and have had good luck with zamborlan and crispi. I did change insoles in my crispi to a custom in sole called SOLE. You heat them up and put your foot on them and they conform to your foot.

Is the kenetrek mountain extreme tougher than there Hardscrabble boot? I know I've seen and heard the sole wears out fast on them.
I wear the MTN Ext. for hunting, hiking, and weekends when weather is wet or snowy.

I didn't mention it before but I also have the hardsrabble st that I wear almost daily for work. I am on a construction site and walk a lot.

Here are a couple photos. The one with my thumb on the bottom is the hardscrabble steel toe. Worn 5-6 days a week, almost 1 year old, walking mostly on asphalt and pavement. So far so good . The other are the MTN extreme (red cabinet in background). I have had them just over 3 years, been on a 2 week sheep hunt where we hiked 6-8 miles a day on pretty rocky stuff, 1 elk hunt, 1 deer hunt, and many weekend hiking trips. The lugs on the outer edge on the back are flattening some and the most noticeable wear to me, but overall the boot is holding up great and I would say the sole is also for the use they have had. You can get these resoled as well from Kenetrek. I would guess my Mtn Ext. have 1-2 years left before I would think I need to resole them, I have no reason to think they would need a total replacement.

Attachments

• 1236A29C-CF4B-4245-B376-664A95D97627.jpeg
    1236A29C-CF4B-4245-B376-664A95D97627.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 272642B8-265F-472F-A07F-77203201234E.jpeg
    272642B8-265F-472F-A07F-77203201234E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
I wear the MTN Ext. for hunting, hiking, and weekends when weather is wet or snowy.

I didn't mention it before but I also have the hardsrabble st that I wear almost daily for work. I am on a construction site and walk a lot.

Here are a couple photos. The one with my thumb on the bottom is the hardscrabble steel toe. Worn 5-6 days a week, almost 1 year old, walking mostly on asphalt and pavement. So far so good . The other are the MTN extreme (red cabinet in background). I have had them just over 3 years, been on a 2 week sheep hunt where we hiked 6-8 miles a day on pretty rocky stuff, 1 elk hunt, 1 deer hunt, and many weekend hiking trips. The lugs on the outer edge on the back are flattening some and the most noticeable wear to me, but overall the boot is holding up great and I would say the sole is also for the use they have had. You can get these resoled as well from Kenetrek. I would guess my Mtn Ext. have 1-2 years left before I would think I need to resole them, I have no reason to think they would need a total replacement.
I appreciate the pictures. That was very helpful

I should of added that I've tried zamberlians as well I liked them the fit wasn't 100% but the toes came apart after 30 days.

I have been looking at lathlop and sons boots and the schnee bear claw boots. I tried Solomons but never last much past 3 to 6 months toes come apart. I have high arches and me feet get sore. But I will look into the kenetrek mountain extreme
I also have a pair of lathrop and sons. They're really good for seriously rough country. For me they're too warm for summer hikes and early season hunts though. I'm wearing a pair of Crispi Colorado for warm weather and get good support for such a light boot.

Recent Posts