Go to 6.5 bullet

The 147 ELD-M performance on cow elk has been outstanding from my 6.5 Creedmoor. I am getting 2860 fps from a 26 inch barrel using Peterson large primer brass and R26 powder. 3 elk 250 to 400 yards all DRT. My experience was similar to yours when comparing accuracy of the ELD-M and the ELD-X. In my rifle the 147's shoot in the .2's and .3's and the 143 ELD-X's grouped in the .5's and 6's. I do not have any experience with the ELD-X's on game.
Nice! I shoot 45.5gr of RL26 in my brother's 6.5 with the 140 ELD @ 2860fps. I'm using Peterson brass and don't have any pressure signs.

Nice! I shoot 45.5gr of RL26 in my brother's 6.5 with the 140 ELD @ 2860fps. I'm using Peterson brass and don't have any pressure signs.
That is the same powder load 45.5gr. I am shooting. For my rifle it was the accuracy node. I have no pressure signs either. I went up to 47gr. but the accuracy just was not as good. I tried Hornady brass and was able to increase the powder charge above 47gr. before showing pressure signs, but none of the loads shot as well as the Peterson brass. Have you shot any animals with your 140 ELD's?

That is the same powder load 45.5gr. I am shooting. For my rifle it was the accuracy node. I have no pressure signs either. I went up to 47gr. but the accuracy just was not as good. I tried Hornady brass and was able to increase the powder charge above 47gr. before showing pressure signs, but none of the loads shot as well as the Peterson brass. Have you shot any animals with your 140 ELD's?
We have shot 4 ground hogs with this load and my cousin used a 140 ELD to shoot a deer when they first came out. He used a 6.5x284 with the 140 @ 3000 FPS though. All of the ground hogs were shot from 200-450 yards. Exit holes were baseball to softball sized, except one that we hit long ways and split it nearly in half. When my cousin shot the deer, he shot it around 200 yards and hit it behind the shoulder. The exit on it was about golf ball size if I'm remembering right.

We have folks here listing up to 7...let me type again...7... Bullets...the question is pick your best! How can we help each other and all the newbies coming here to rely on us if we spout retirech. Let's limit the answer to what worked BEST for you...and then let the ASKER...decide

rhetoric just to clarify

We've killed a number of deer and a couple bears with the 140 eld-m. It's a great bullet! Shoot with confidence!

We have folks here listing up to 7...let me type again...7... Bullets...the question is pick your best! How can we help each other and all the newbies coming here to rely on us if we spout retirech. Let's limit the answer to what worked BEST for you...and then let the ASKER...decide
OK...I will clarify. As we all know, each rifle.is different and likes different things.

In my 28" 1:8" 6.5SLR=140 HVLD
In my 22" 1:8" 6.5SLR=130 OTM
In my 25.5" 1:8" 6.5SS=150 SMK
In my 26" 1:7.5" 6.5SS=156 Elite
In my buddy's 26" 1:8" 6.5SAUAM=142SMK
In my buddy's 26" 1:8" 6.5SS=140 Hybrid
In my buddy's 26" 1:9" .264WM=130 HVLD
In my buddy's 24" 1:8" 6.5CM=143 ELD-X
In my buddy's 20" 1:8" 6.5CM=130 OTM

I have about 10 more examples.

If I had to choose just one to try in all 6.5mms, it would be the Berger 140 Hybrid.

142 ablr!
The 6.5mm 142 LRAB has shot the best out of my rifle however I am playing with the Berger 156 Elite Hunter.
Accuracy of the Berger seems good but I am well aware of how the Nosler works on Elk and Pronghorn so the Berger wilol really have to step up to replace the Nosler in my rifle.
Time will tell.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.