Gm upper engine cleaner for carbon

morning, I am not a child, seems like u r a know it all that
has no respect for ur elders. I am 73 junior. like I said
junior, USE WHAT U WANT. justme gbot tum

Just country no offence meant but I am having difficulty understanding as to why you seem unable to express your thoughts in complete and comprehensive sentences, your statements are bordering on unintelligible. While I'm certainly no Kipling, I find this fact somewhat bewildering considering the existence of autocorrect or similar grammatical aids that are standard in nearly all websites now a days.
If you wish your statements be given the respect of an adult, especially those made by an elder, you should make a point to express them in a manner deserving of same.
Otherwise there will be little choice but to surmise your seeming inability to express yourself in an articulate manner is by malice of for thought.

Wow the word police and spell check manager.... I read all his posts and never once id I have to wonder what he was trying to convey... Maybe Big Country was taking auto mechanics, welding way back when he was in school instead of typing... And nothing to do with a PC or phone because the phones then hung on the wall with a cord.... And just maybe he worked a 40 hour a week job also while going to high school... If you had any real trouble following what he was posting don't try and do any word puzzles... And please please don't type NO Offense and then type what you did and tell us you were just blowing sunshine somewhere.... Dave

ok
i currently use wipeout very impressed most of the time
i have a bore scope
i build most of my own rifles
i shoot in competition from 50 to 2000 yards
22 on up
i have little respect for people that have quit learning.
education is an on going process, when you quit learning
you are just wasting oxygen.
it has nothing to do with age

Last edited:
it appears he has a reading comprehension issue.
i went back and reread the thread.
I WAS AGREEING WITH HIM.
morning, ar10-ar15man u do not know what u r talking
about. I learned this from an old target shooter
the man was 70yrs. young, shooting a custom made
rem. 40x single shot 308 172gr sierra match bullets.
every 5 shots the gent cleaned his weapons barrel ex marine.
what does carb cleaner clean?? carbon!!!! what does gun powder
leave in a barrel when the primer ignites the powder??
carbon residue. use what want to clean ur weapon.
read this u may learn???!!! justme gbot tum

Hey guys: Just a heads up carburetor cleaner is an acid and is designed to be washed off with water that deactivates and removes it. If you think that the ammonia is hard on rifle barrels in the copper cleaner non deactivated carb. cleaner is way stronger and will etch the bore just as bad as black powder fouling just not as quick. Plus it will kill the finish on wood and eats plastics almost instantly. I realize that it is fairly cheep but not worth the damage it can cause if it gets left on and not deactivated use at your own risk!!! Some of my favorite firearms were payed for from customers that were carb. cleaner crazy on their cars and Harley's, gave me lots of work because they were just trying to clean stuff up. OIL AND GREASE DOES NOT TURN IT OFF IT IS DESIGNED TO REMOVE IT PLUS THE GUNK!!! It will work but "BE AWARE" Just say-n

Hey guys: Just a heads up carburetor cleaner is an acid and is designed to be washed off with water that deactivates and removes it. If you think that the ammonia is hard on rifle barrels in the copper cleaner non deactivated carb. cleaner is way stronger and will etch the bore just as bad as black powder fouling just not as quick. Plus it will kill the finish on wood and eats plastics almost instantly. I realize that it is fairly cheep but not worth the damage it can cause if it gets left on and not deactivated use at your own risk!!! Some of my favorite firearms were payed for from customers that were carb. cleaner crazy on their cars and Harley's, gave me lots of work because they were just trying to clean stuff up. OIL AND GREASE DOES NOT TURN IT OFF IT IS DESIGNED TO REMOVE IT PLUS THE GUNK!!! It will work but "BE AWARE" Just say-n
It will also remove hydro dipped camo off of a stock....oops.

sort of wrong
these products are not DIPS OR SOAKS.
THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE WASHED OFF WITH WATER.
think how your engine would respond to water down the intake!
he is confusing internal cleaners with carbon soaking "carb cleaner" of the past. i do not believe any of the agressive soaks are on the consumer market.

You can still buy a 5 gallon bucket of carb cleaner with a soak basket. Probably not very practical for cleaning a barrel though. As for it causing etching, I've got some doubts about that. I've used the stuff on cylinder head and block mating surfaces, as well as crankshaft journals. No harm done and cleans excellent. At any rate, it still shouldn't be the last thing to go through your barrel since it will do nothing to prevent rust and possibly accelerate it since all the oil gets pulled out.

The older buckets of carb soak/cleaner had caustic soda as an active ingredient... This stuff was highly corrosive and burned human skin....I knew a fellow that had an epileptic episode while carrying an open bucket of this and it burned him bad. I don't recall how long he laid there with it on him but he succumbed to this...Been years and I don't know what is in the new stuff sold today

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.