Gm upper engine cleaner for carbon

different steel in used in the manufacture of engine combustion areas vs firearms; different fuels (gasoline vs powder and primer) and temperatures creating different carbon deposits...... is't it like comparing apples and oranges? i don't know; sounds more complicated than simple to me.
cost for 16 oz. Boretech or KG or other products is minimal spread over a year or 6 months + or - depending on how many times cleaning is done. there are other areas of spending in a lifetime to save and count pennies.

Yes Sir, it's just a winter time post, honestly you can pick up some very interesting data and facts.
There's some very intelligent people on here, you never know what golden nuggets they may impart!
That last link for instance, I would probably never use any of those recipes but shooters and hunters before us have, and had good results. Have a good day!

Has anyone tried using Wynn's GDI, PFI and EGR De-Carbon foam? Car dealer says it's good stuff (at least for engines). Don't know how well it would work with barrels. MSDS sounds nasty.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.