Giving a Friend a Rifle Today

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Yo All,
I have friend that has put a lot of time in joining me at the range, helping me to certify loads as his eye is extremely good and he is a natural shooter. With the many calibers I load for, it is a huge help.
I've decided to pass along my first new rifle, a Winchester model 70 in .270, to him. The old wood stock was talking a beating so I flopped a Hogue rubberized stock onto it so he's got a slightly heavier base to shoot with and it has a Leupold VX-1 scope.

I've got another .270, a Tikka T3, so I'm excited to see what new history this guy creates with the Winchester. My first rifle was also old and used and a gift, a Rem 722 in 257Bob, and to this day I honor that rifle with the memories of it's past shooters. cheers all

All my favorite rifles were gifts. I have a co-worker with a 9yr old son who wants to hunt. I gifted him a .243 I had set up for my children when they were younger. Hope he and his dad make the same memories we did.

I got my best friend from back home a new bergara hmr pro and put a zeiss v4 on it. Full load work is done and drops confirmed to 1k. I am taking it home to give him this summer when I go visit. I am so excited!! I have given several guns away over the years and it's a great feeling!

I got my best friend from back home a new bergara hmr pro and put a zeiss v4 on it. Full load work is done and drops confirmed to 1k. I am taking it home to give him this summer when I go visit. I am so excited!! I have given several guns away over the years and it's a great feeling!

Wow, I gave a chevy and you are giving a Ferrari!
It is the greatest feeling and like everything about long range hunting, the spiritual and material come together. A nonhunter (or nongiver) could not imagine what it's like to give another the opportunity to create memories like this and the monetary value isn't the reason it's given.

Well brother when I was young me and my dad didn't really get along and he was a physical guy if u know what I am saying. Eventually I got physical back around age of 15 and he kicked me out. When he did my best friend at the time and his mom took me in where I lived until I graduated High School. I will ever be in debt to them as I have no idea where I would be now if it wasn't for their kindness. So a nice rifle is just a drop in the bucket.

Well brother when I was young me and my dad didn't really get along and he was a physical guy if u know what I am saying. Eventually I got physical back around age of 15 and he kicked me out. When he did my best friend at the time and his mom took me in where I lived until I graduated High School. I will ever be in debt to them as I have no idea where I would be now if it wasn't for their kindness. So a nice rifle is just a drop in the bucket.
I had that old mean stone for a dad as well. We parted ways when I was 16, my best friend's dad took me in my junior year of hs until I could afford to venture out my senior year. A couple decades later that old man still calls me Son and I still call him Pop, one of the great men I have ever known. Last year I took him on my elk hunt, his first being in real mountains. He is too old and out of shape to get around up there but he loved it. Wants to go back when I get the next chance. I have this for him, he's into older guns:

Attachments

• 0244BAE5-81A8-48A3-99A4-5D57A857D803.jpeg
    0244BAE5-81A8-48A3-99A4-5D57A857D803.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
..................my best friend's dad took me in..............

Literally saved my life, another neighbor gave me my first full size bow, another took me fishing.

Giving away bows is easier these days than firearms (have done both). Don't forget to include opportunities for use.

From both sides it's something one should do, it's an experience that's tough to replicate.

Besides it opens another spot in the safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.