Getting Meat Home

Discussion in 'How To Hunt Big Game' started by timmymic, Mar 27, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Vann Kirkland

Vann Kirkland Member

How much was it? I looked at shipping elk from Colorado to Florida and it was nearly $2,000 plane/train/automobile /fed ex/ups/greyhound. They were all basically the same...

MWood likes this.
  2. Highvoltage

Highvoltage Well-Known Member

I have had very good luck with Colman extreme coolers (6 day) I believe the 120 quart was $58. I have nothing but great things to say about them and they are hundreds less than the top brand name coolers. We have the processor flash freeze, then put 10 lbs dry ice on top and tape the crack. Meat is solid after a 2 day drive. Good luck, tons of good ideas and shared experiences both good and bad.

RYEWSKY25284 likes this.
  3. Pulpwood

Pulpwood Well-Known Member

With the new cwd laws a lot of states require you to debone your meat before transporting it out of state into other states . As far as cooling the meat you use dry ice (don’t let it touch ) or it will freezer burn or ice it down good before traveling . You also can use the small 5.0 freezer to freeze the meat before traveling . They are lots of ways to accomplish this but the main thing is to keep on top of it , once you get the meat chilled it s down hill

MWood likes this.
  4. RYEWSKY25284

RYEWSKY25284 Well-Known Member

That's how it's done. :)

MWood likes this.
  5. Steelthowl

Steelthowl Well-Known Member

read on another post that you check your coolers in at airport as checked luggage and take a soft sided cooler as carry on also filled with meat. You have to be cautious of the checked weight. They you ship your gear back. The gear you can ship cheaper because the rush delivery is not needed.

MWood likes this.
  6. MWood

MWood Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Thank you all for the info