getting bedding lose

Caleb85

I bought a old remington and it appears as someone bedded the action in and when I go to take the action and barrel out its stuck! I can move and wiggle it some but it wont let go. And suggestions?

Caleb, if all action screws, scope and bottom metal are removed try light smacks on the barrel close to the fore end with a rubber mallet. I saw a smith do this on a freshly bedded stock once. If this does not work, perhaps someone will chime in. Good luck

An old trick to get bedding epoxy loose from the metal is to put the rifle in the freezer for a few hours. This makes the metal shrink. As soon as you remove it, smack it with your rubber or rawhide mallet. It should pop loose.

An old trick to get bedding epoxy loose from the metal is to put the rifle in the freezer for a few hours. This makes the metal shrink. As soon as you remove it, smack it with your rubber or rawhide mallet. It should pop loose.

Works very well. Please do not ask me how I know.

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts