GEORGIA FALL WEATHER

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Onr thing we all wait for here in GA is the Fall season. Best season for weather for the year. Sure Spring is nice, but the transition from Winter to Spring with the temp change is nice. The problem is that Winter is cold, Spring is getting warmer so we can leave our window open to save on A?C. NOT SO! This time of the year is also POLLEN SEASON. So no, you can't leave windows open and have to run A/C. You don't want to fill your home with yellow/green pollen on everything!
So the BEST Time to get air exchange is in the FALL. and you mostly do not have to run A/C and it is low HUMIDITY!!!! Anyone living in the SE knows what i am talking about.
We tend to stay up later on nights especially the weekends to have traditional bon fire with friends and neighbors. It is like you don't want to leave the fire after 6 months of HEAT, RAIN, HUMIDITY and no or little cookouts. Now is the time for all to enjoy life and talk about the summer and winter to come.
Jill and I bought a really nice dual fan that fits into the window jam. The fan has several speeds and also several ways to pull the air in or take the air out.
WORKES GREAT COOLING DOWN OUR BEDROOM AND PUSHING AIR THROUGH THE HOUSE TO OTHER OPEN WINDOWS. Also has an AUTO OFF and START.
Well, the past few nights were Great. I let the dogs out a little after 10PM to go to the bathroom and check the property, after 15 min the dogs were barking and at that time, I call the dogs back. Would let them out again after 11PM.
Well, we went into the bedroom and had a very strong smell from a SKUNK!
OOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAN not a skunk and hopefully the dogs won't get into it with a skunk. The dogs are in, turned the fan off and looking the area over with our FILR SCOTT III Infared to see where the skunk is. I don't want to shoot it. Just want it to go away and not get our pups sprayed. I shot skunks before and unless you get the spine they spray all over.
ANY SUGGESTIONS
HELPPPPP!!!!

Had a run on skunks a few years back. Only way I found to shoot without any smell was brain shots. Had to dispatch 6 in the fall that year.
Thats my problem. The dogs run the property at night to go to the bathroom and check things out before I let them in for the night. Having a dog come in at 11:00PM that just got sprayed doesn't work. Had that happen about 12 years ago and never want that experience again. I have shot skunks on the back property and when shooting I try to shot in the mouth or just under. That way it blows out the spine just where it connects to the brain. They don't SPRAY then. If you miss the spine they do spray and it is going to stink for 100 yrds and weeks.
Not having too much luck with animals. Squirrel attacks, goats being stolen, now skunks.
I'll try shooting in the brain/spine with our 17hmr.
I heard that if you catch them in a "Live Trap" and the skunk can't raise their tail, they can't spray. But then I have to deal with a live skunk.

You probably don't have any dog food or other food close to your yard. I found out the hard way. We were feeding feral cats on veranda. Turns out that is what attracted the skunks. had to move the dish away from the house far enough so I could get rid of skunks. Now feral cats have dish by bale stack away from house yard much better for everyone. Just a thought.

You probably don't have any dog food or other food close to your yard. I found out the hard way. We were feeding feral cats on veranda. Turns out that is what attracted the skunks. had to move the dish away from the house far enough so I could get rid of skunks. Now feral cats have dish by bale stack away from house yard much better for everyone. Just a thought.
Our current outside/inside cat eats inside, in the garage and back deck table. Back deck is a second story and Garage has a cat door. It's dry cat food and gets eaten right after it is put down. We don't put wet cat food out because that can be smelled 1/2 mile away.
Goat feed is in a sealed drum by the goat house and whenever feeding the goats the grain is gone to the last kernel. I trapped and killed a 1/2 dozen after our dog Eddie got sprayed about 12 years ago. That was about 200 yds behind our house.
I am going to keep looking for the skunk with my Thermal and shoot if I see him. Hopefully it will not come back around. The dogs could scare it away, but also might get sprayed, which I fear most.
We also got a bunch of Armadillos digging the yard up, but Samson & Cassie are getting after them.
Thats living in the country. We moved into their world - Deer, Coyotes, Fox, Bob Cat, Racoon, Possum, Skunks, Hawks, Owls, Turkey, Bats and Zombie Squirrels!