Gempro 250 electronic scale, anyone use one?

barnesuser28

I am thinking of getting a gempro 250 scale for measuring powder, bullets, and brass. Does anyone have one? I've read most of the reviews on accurateshooter.com but almost all are 2-3 years old. Thanks for any feedback.

Riley

I use one.

I've had issues with it drifting the zero IF anything else electronic is nearby and on. I happen to have a spare computer on my reloading bench, and if this is on I'll see the zero on the Gempro slowly drift. If I completely turn off the computer (not just snooze it), no drift. This happens even thought I have "filters" on both the computer and the scale to eliminate any spikes. So, when the Gempro is on the computer is off and I reload in silence (no free Pandora radio :D ). I have an RCBS Chargemaster 1500 for my powder weighing, and the Gempro is used only for confirmation of weights as well as for weighing brass, bullets, etc.

Also, static can cause a bit of drift. You can use dryer sheets (used) to wipe down the cover and the unit to minimize this, or even Static Guard spray.

I've also placed a free foam mouse pad under the pad that comes with the Gempro to eliminate any possible problems with vibration, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.