gas port size

Exactly 👍
Find out what size it is drilled when they sent it to you first
I guess I should find out before I buy! AP barrels on 6.5creed have standard rifle length gas system unlike the +2's and some standard lengths that have cycling issues and pop primers with factory ammo. The AP's function 100% without an adjustable gas block and/or heavier buffer.

👍
When I moved my gas block out of the way the hole in the barrel was something like .048, way way too small.
I wish I could remember exactly what size I ended up with but it was around .088-.089, I probably should have stepped up even more but it was cycling correctly and ejecting at about the 3:30 area so I stopped.
I have sent a bunch of rounds out of it now and it's functioning great plus very accurate out to 500-600

👍
When I moved my gas block out of the way the hole in the barrel was something like .048, way way too small.
I wish I could remember exactly what size I ended up with but it was around .088-.089, I probably should have stepped up even more but it was cycling correctly and ejecting at about the 3:30 area so I stopped.
I have sent a bunch of rounds out of it now and it's functioning great plus very accurate out to 500-600
For reliability I always start them spitting to the 2:50-3:00. I see them drift to the 3:30 after some rounds put though it.

For reliability I always start them spitting to the 2:50-3:00. I see them drift to the 3:30 after some rounds put though it.
Yep 👍
After having that problem with mine I paid attention to my friends that were having trouble. They would change buffer springs, buffer, gas tubes and/or adjustable gas blocks trying to fix the problems.
I told them what fixed mine and they got to checking theirs.

Yep 👍
After having that problem with mine I paid attention to my friends that were having trouble. They would change buffer springs, buffer, gas tubes and/or adjustable gas blocks trying to fix the problems.
I told them what fixed mine and they got to checking theirs.
I found the only thing that will control the brass pattern is the gas port size, whether drilled, or regulated by adj gas block. Changing springs, buffers, etc might take the ejector swipe off brass, that's about it.