Garmin Xero - update

Good info. How does it do with suppressors? To fix my lab issues I run a recoil trigger and it runs 99%. Sometimes an aggressive bolt cycle will trigger it but it's easy to clear that shot and move on. At some point I'll get the garmin but since I have magnetospeed and labradar already I am no hurry.

Good info. How does it do with suppressors? To fix my lab issues I run a recoil trigger and it runs 99%. Sometimes an aggressive bolt cycle will trigger it but it's easy to clear that shot and move on. At some point I'll get the garmin but since I have magnetospeed and labradar already I am no hurry.
Zero issues running suppressed. It will read a baseball if you throw it hard enough. Super quiet pellet rifles it reads every shot fired.

Had the Garmin as well
Super easy to use on many shots
The Garmin App has Xero issues, not like my labradar app
I get so frustrated with the LR app I just use it manually.
LR is very finicky as well, I have to get it perfectly set up with additional equipment for it to run good.

I am so glad I got the Garmin, xero regrets for sure!

I took the little Garmin with me on a trip to the indoor range where rifles & pistols are fired. The range looks like most other indoor ranges with shallow partitions between shooters. This range has concrete walls without any sound deadening material. Muzzle blast bounces all over the place. We had 4 shooters in the section where I was shooting. I brought a H&K USP 40 and a S&W 629.

The Garmin was just placed on the platform in front of me and pointed down range. I had no problem picking up every shot. The blast from the mighty 44mag cylinder didn't seem to adversely affect the Garmin at all. I did notice one thing that I didn't expect. All the heavy gunfire around me kept triggering the Garmin. I think it was probably blast bouncing off the walls that caused it but I'm not sure about that. The screen on the Garmin would get all squirrely like it was trying to determine the velocity, but it never did. It would take a few seconds for the unit to settle down again.

I shot many 5 & 10 shot strings while the guys around me were banging away. I expected this scenario to cause problems with the shot string and summary. To my pleasant surprise, the Garmin seemed to be able to record all of my shots and ignore all the intermittent shots that caused the squirrely screens.

Conclusion: The Garmin Xero worked 100% in an incredibly difficult environment.
thank you for the report.

The garmin is great, I ran 50 rounds of subsonic 22 lr out of my pistol and it picked up all the shots. I let me friend shoot it along side his LR - guess what, the LR missed several readings. While it's cool the LR can give velocity down range, it does me absolutely no good if it can't register a shot at all. I don't miss my LR at all - I definitely took a hit on the sale, but the convenience of the garmin takes the sting away.

My buddy bought a garmin the next day.

I'm just guess but I think the Garmin is triggered by blast so putting the unit down range doesn't sound like something that would work.

Who has tried it?
I don't think so. I can shoot suppressed 22 over mine while someone is banging away with an AR with a brake right next to me and it never skips a beat. I think the Garmin "sees" the projectiles flying in its radar cone only.

I don't think so. I can shoot suppressed 22 over mine while someone is banging away with an AR with a brake right next to me and it never skips a beat. I think the Garmin "sees" the projectiles flying in its radar cone only.

You're probably right. Now that I think of it, posters have had good luck using the Garmin with pellet rifles and other devices that don't generate blast.

How is the interface, is everything on an app like labradar? My labradar is a little wonky with the app connecting, would recognize multiple devices that were all the same one. Being garmin I would think it's pretty refined but curious how it operates? I like the small size for sure
It's about as simple as you can imagine. Read the manual first. Sets up in less than 5 minutes. Pair it to your phone or tablet and it will update software. The interface is easy to read. Shot about 250 rds now, no issues. Using .223 and .308.

When I last talked to the Garmin rep... she said they had over 24,000 back-orders for these units.

Pretty soon, guys will be able to pick these things up for $400 everywhere. lol

When these back orders hit, all the mom-and-pop shops that got conned into their 10-unit opening order, will be cutting each others throat to sell them for $5 over cost. 🤣

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

When I last talked to the Garmin rep... she said they had over 24,000 back-orders for these units.

Pretty soon, guys will be able to pick these things up for $400 everywhere. lol

When these back orders hit, all the mom-and-pop shops that got conned into their 10-unit opening order, will be cutting each others throat to sell them for $5 over cost. 🤣

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

PM me when you have them for $400!