All you Xero owners looky loo

Darryle

Insite Arms sent out an email earlier this morning, looks like a solid option for those who want to attach the Xero to their rifle or not worry about it blowing or falling over.

IMG_1827.jpeg

Decided to test the new Garmin Xero to see if it can catch the velocity at 100yds. You can zoom in on the video for the answer.
Breaking in 243AI brass with new powder/load workup. The large holes in center are from muzzle loader.

Last edited:
I will be interested to see if people start having problems with them mounted to the rifle. I doubt they were designed for that much recoil.

But why mount it to the rifle?

That's certainly a good question. You've got to wonder in the little Garmin was designed to handle recoil. I'm constantly switching rifles to avoid getting any of them hot. The provided tripod is minimalist but seems to work fine so far.

My LabRadar utilized a full-size tripod, one more thing that I don't need to lug to the range.

Ability to switch rifles is another advantage over using something that attaches to the barrel. I also alternate rifles sometimes for the same reason. Seriously, if this was out 6 years ago I wouldn't have bought the MS for half the price. No new loads on the horizon and I'm already dialed in on many so I'll wait for a while, but I'm thinking this will be my next shooting hobby gadget.

Thanks for the drilldown.
One thing I didn't catch is why the ES is so different between the 2.

I guess LR users should be happy to know that their SDs are actually lower than they thought!

So has anyone determined which SD formula, population or sample, the MagnetoSpeed uses?

The provided tripod is minimalist but seems to work fine so far.
Got mine today (finally!). First thing I noticed was how tiny the shickenpoop little plastic tripod was. Didn't want to chance it blowing off, or getting inadvertently knocked off the bench. I figgered that was reason enough to spend $20 on a tripod upgrade. I reckon a wider footprint will be more stable, and adjustable for a tad more height when prone or in un-mowed grass. A little tabletop aluminum job with a ballhead from amazon fits the bill just right.

https://www.amazon.com/ADAI-Aluminum-Lightweight-Projection-Stabilizer/dp/B0BFRQM1CD/ref=sr_1_110?adgrpid=1343603771973372&hvadid=83975450741402&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=92615&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-83975575238167%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=18441_13443244&keywords=mini%2Btripod&qid=1704064694&sr=8-110&th=1

You can use it with, or without the ballhead. I chose to leave it attached to the head, and swing and lock the unit to side when not in use. It is 5"x9 1/2" when folded. A couple pics, with and without the head....

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0582.jpeg

I just ordered my Garmin xero through on the Mark tactical I was on a waiting list and was just alerted that they have some in stock! $599
Got it today. I was surprised how small it actually was. I was at our local store (Lawsons) in Loretto Tennessee, picked up another pound of 4350 but by chance ran into the Garmin rep wanting to sell their line of products in the store.
IMG_5990.jpeg

Last edited: