Garmin Xero - update

So if I have a case of Tac-22 (5,000 rounds). That would be the population? And if I were shooting all 5,000 rounds you would use STDEV.P. In this case, I selected two boxes to shoot so that was a sample of the 5,000 even though its a fairly large sample from a shooting stand point so the correct use would be STDEV. Another way of looking at it with much smaller numbers would be that if I reloaded 200 rounds and randomly selected 10 to test, you would use STDEV. If the following weekend I went to a competition and shot the remaining 190 rounds and added in the data from the 10 test rounds, the proper formula would be STDEV.P since it was the entire batch or population?
I think for anything past 30 or 40, STDEVP is fine and even STDEV will bring you plenty close. However for the small ladder rounds of 3 to 10, you need to use STDEV, or you're lying to yourself that you truly have a normal population with a small sample size.

I think for anything past 30 or 40, STDEVP is fine and even STDEV will bring you plenty close. However for the small ladder rounds of 3 to 10, you need to use STDEV, or you're lying to yourself that you truly have a normal population with a small sample size.
I've always used 5 round as my metric. All my efforts use that. May not be perfect, but if I always do it the same way, it's consistent to me. I hope! 🤪

Just purchase an Infinition 29015
A Doppler radar antenna specially designed for short to long range velocity measurement on all kinds of projectile.

Just purchase an Infinition 29015
A Doppler radar antenna specially designed for short to long range velocity measurement on all kinds of projectile.
Can't imagine the cost or the complexity of this unit. Guessing the data will be as exact as possible. May very well become the standard. I wonder what the chrono manufacturers we see today use to measure/calibrate their offerings.

I was out at the club this morning and a friend of mine showed up with one of these..

Xero® C1 Pro Chronograph

amazing little thing.. about the size of a pack of smokes.. and no sky screens or complicated programing to set it up.. It was up and running as in less time than it take to load a magazine. Testing matched his results from previous chronographs.
Now I want one.. but its still new and a bit pricey.. I'm sure competition will come up with something similar and hopefully cheaper pretty quickly.

Can't imagine the cost or the complexity of this unit. Guessing the data will be as exact as possible. May very well become the standard. I wonder what the chrono manufacturers we see today use to measure/calibrate their offerings.
The company states that this Radar can tell the data on a projectile (5.56 to 155 size.) at "ANY GIVEN POINT" in flight path.
I didn't see the cost.

The company states that this Radar can tell the data on a projectile (5.56 to 155 size.) at "ANY GIVEN POINT" in flight path.
I didn't see the cost.
Cost? It's probably one of those, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". LOL. I went to the site and read their info. Interesting. But I'd still like to know what the various manufacturers use to measure and calibrate their chrono offerings.

I didn't see the cost.
They were in excess of $75k when I last checked into getting one.

Not working with .20cal was a deal breaker if memory serves. Then too... everything about it is proprietary, and I didn't get warm fuzzy feelings about service after the sale.

Considering that's the company behind labradar... and my experiences with labradar were some of the most terrible customer service on an electronic device I've ever had, I'm really glad I didn't buy one.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Not working with .20cal was a deal breaker if memory serves. Then too... everything about it is proprietary, and I didn't get warm fuzzy feelings about service after the sale.

Considering that's the company behind labradar... and my experiences with labradar were some of the most terrible customer service on an electronic device I've ever had, I'm really glad I didn't buy one.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

If they are behind LR, that's a deal breaker. If you cant get adequate customer service, whats the point. "Of course we make the best thing since sliced bread". What would you expect for them to say?

I have been to the range with my the past two Sundays shooting off of a full seven table firing line with peeps shooting the same 50, 100 & 200 yd target boards, under a tin roof, conditions that would have rendered my LR useless The Xero never missed a beat or gave me anything suspect. Guys and gals were getting rifles tightened up for Christmas holiday trips to "The Lease", muzzle brakes, Magnums and all it has worked well.
Sell that LR while ya can, they are great for some shooters.

I have been to the range with my the past two Sundays shooting off of a full seven table firing line with peeps shooting the same 50, 100 & 200 yd target boards, under a tin roof, conditions that would have rendered my LR useless The Xero never missed a beat or gave me anything suspect. Guys and gals were getting rifles tightened up for Christmas holiday trips to "The Lease", muzzle brakes, Magnums and all it has worked well.
Sell that LR while ya can, they are great for some shooters.
Yeah… like pistol guys love them.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I will second the sorry LR Customer Service comment. I'm gonna try not to go on too terrible of a rant here but multiple calls to LR and unit sent back twice under warranty and once after $$, each time they told me found the problem and fixed it and always the same problems.

What exactly is this instructions thing you speak of?
The instructions that come with the Garmin. eg: Assuming you are shooting Rifle, "Starting a Rifle Session". The details are somewhat demure. But they are there. You can also download the instructions if you want any insight prior to purchase.