Garmin Xero C1 Pro

I picked one up from Cabelas Saturday and messed around with it yesterday. I never even looked at the instructions, I plugged it up to charge and then used it to see how "user friendly" it was or wasn't.

It never disconnected from my phone.
It picked up every shot, crossbow and rifle.
I didn't have to aim it, just placed it where the screen told me to.
I was able to easily label shot strings(ex:45/70 400gr speer 51gr N133) and export them.

What I wasn't able to do today was get my down range speeds. I really like that feature of my labradar.
Also, I was not able to control the chrono through the app like you can the labradar.

I picked one up from Cabelas Saturday and messed around with it yesterday. I never even looked at the instructions, I plugged it up to charge and then used it to see how "user friendly" it was or wasn't.

I was able to easily label shot strings(ex:45/70 400gr speer 51gr N133) and export them.

What I wasn't able to do today was get my down range speeds. I really like that feature of my labradar.
Also, I was not able to control the chrono through the app like you can the labradar.
Nice report. Pros and cons

I started with the old school light triggered chronographs that constantly gave me trouble. Borrowed a Magnetospeed V1 when they came out and liked it but waited for a newer version and have been using the V3 since it became available. I shot with others using their LabRadar on two different occasions and decided I didn't want one. It took about 5 minutes of research for me to make a decision on the Garmin. I shoot almost every day that the weather is nice and have been getting velocity readings on every load I shoot with the V3 but only after I've worked up a load. Xero arrived today, connected to phone without issue and was getting readings off the Daisy BB gun instantly. Still haven't looked at the directions. This will be a game changer for me. I haven't decided if I want to rig out a case with the Xero, Kestrel and Rangefinder all together or just put it in its own case. For now it fits in a Trijicon case I had with the tripod removed.

Tag. Im a MS user with a rail attachment i fabbed up to keep it off the barrel It saves components during load development ,
this one has my attention,but i ll wait a lil bit to see how it pans out or possibly for a feature upgraded one . Seems everytime time i buy the next new thing the next 8-12 months there is a upgraded version i wish i waited for ! Uugghhh ! Lol

I have been using Garmin products for forty years, mainly in my plane. They are the best Bar None. Love my LR, but I will have to get the Xero.
Guess I'll have to sell my Vido Speed that I haven't used in several years since I bought the LR. If the xero works as everyone claims the LR will be for sale also.
Yep, agreed bought Garmin GPS's one of my daughter's and one for my wife as they were both directionally challenged. Works great, and a cool feature was you could change the language, but with the phone apps the GPS's aren't as relevant anymore, glad they got into this space.

SD calculation? A couple of weeks ago, two of us compared my LabRadar and his Garmin. Velocities were 2-5 fps apart between the two, with the Garmin usually the slower one. However, Garmin's SD's were significantly lower (more optimistic). We put the velocity info from both into an Excel spreadsheet. Only Excel and LabRadar match. Any thoughts as to why the Garmin is different?

SD calculation? A couple of weeks ago, two of us compared my LabRadar and his Garmin. Velocities were 2-5 fps apart between the two, with the Garmin usually the slower one. However, Garmin's SD's were significantly lower (more optimistic). We put the velocity info from both into an Excel spreadsheet. Only Excel and LabRadar match. Any thoughts as to why the Garmin is different?
As far as I know, there is in only 1 way to calculate Standard Deviation from an identical data set. Maybe something in Garmins Algo is throwing out 1 piece of data it thinks is an outlier?

Could be its SD calc. is just flat wrong because Excel is the correct math given xyz data points.

Online claims say it's $600 and Area 419 is making some accessories for it.
Skip the gun shop accessories way to expensive. Mine fits perfectly in a GoPro case for $10 and is in my range bag every time I go to the range. The small tripod works just fine but Amazon has heavier ones for cheap if your concerned about it tipping over Amazon also has cheap Arca rails for mounting to your rifle for $18 to $30 that work great.

If it were possible to have a relatively cheap chrono that would measure velocity out to 500 to 1000 that didn't have to fit in a truck, then I would agree that it would be nice piece of equipment for calculating custom BC's and helping true apps. Out to 100 yards for the Labradar, not that beneficial.

You can send the watch back to Garmin and they will replace the battery and service the device. Not too expensive from what others have told me when they had it done.
Even better, I have already seen pictures of the Garmin taken apart showing the battery inside. The user who posted already found replacement batteries on Amazon with the same dimensions and output and connector. Looks to be an easy swap for diy'ers