Garmin E Trex

chain

I have a Garmin E Trex Summit HC that quit while I was afielf on Friday evening. Luckilu I had a compass and got out of the woods in good time. The unit starts but fades and shuts off seconds after turning it on. I returned to the store it was purchased at and they said I have to returnit to Garmin or wait until the regular manager comes back next week. Any ideas? Thanks guys

New batteries made no change. I have tree stands marked as waypoints that I know I won't be able to find in the dark now. I was curious about Garmin's service? Any experience? Thank you

You should still be able to hook up your GPS to your computer and save those treestand and other waypoints to your computer. You will need Garmin's MapSource or Basecamp software

Then when you get your new GPS you can transfer the waypoints to it

I sent the unit to Garmin last Tuesday second day air. I received the unti back yesterday, it was repaired and all my waypoints are still there. Great service in a day when service is sometimes forgotten.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.