Garmin 64st

pwee223

Does the Garmin 64st show property owners and boundary's or do you have to buy a upgrade/ yearly service ?
I got on 600 acre and the owner isn't able to show me the boundaries to the property.
Thank you for your time.
Regards, Jerry Waddell

I believe you'll need additional software to show private property boundaries. For example, OnX sells chips for each state that you put into your device for this layer of information.

Alternatively, you could skip the Garmin altogether and get the same software using a phone app. OnX also sells these types of subscriptions, as does GaiaGPS and others. I know both OnX and GaiaGPS have a layer showing private property boundaries.

223, + for the OnX. They are around $100 per state. I read somewhere some OnX chips cover several smaller states. Great add on.

Another option (if you are somewhat computer handy) would be to load the local parcel data from the Assessor's Dept into Google earth and then export that map and then load it as a custom map on your GPS (I know, lots of steps but "should" be the most current perimeter data for the parcels). The 64 series accepts custom maps which could open lots of doors into creating focused maps.
I have found some of the names from the OnX Chip are directly from the ownership file from the Assessor (which are sometimes LLC names or fairly cryptic), a little digging sometimes required here.
Hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.