Game prayer.

Personally I do a combination of what others have already said. Say a prayer of thanks to Him for all His creation and the opportunity to be in it. And if the chance to be successful arrises, to guide my aim so not to make them suffer to begin a hunt. Upon a harvest, I pray for thanks and yes I also apologize to them.

Unfortunately, they have all passed. I am trying to gain some sort of recollection of the prayer. Or one similar. I need to pass this on to my grand kids. Its important for new hunters to learn how we have hunted and the many reasons we do. Not all meats come from the supermarket. My current thoughts are sorrowly lacking. Which is not acceptable. Any game prayers that folks have would be welcome.
Just say what you feel. It comes from the heart. lot to be thankfull for, the creation of all things

It's a joke. If you read his previous post this will make more sense. But unfortunately this is what alot of hunters really do think nowadays. Let me rephrase that, this is what alot of people that go hunting think, not the way a true hunter thinks.

I went back and read the previous post.(that I put as like on) Had to be a joke according to previous post.
You're right about what a lot of people (so called hunters) think and do.

I don't have a game prayer. But I do say, "thank you Lord," when I see one. Then I start "throwing lead". Except every thing I fire fires a Hammer bullet.

My 7mm runs 3,680 feet per second with 131grain while the 8mm runs 3,054 feet per second with 198 grain.

I don't have a game prayer. But I do say, "thank you Lord," when I see one. Then I start "throwing lead". Except every thing I fire fires a Hammer bullet.

My 7mm runs 3,680 feet per second with 131grain while the 8mm runs 3,054 feet per second with 198 grain.
Sorry to say you miss the point. Never met a hunter who "throws lead". Or anything else for that matter. 🤔

What makes a true hunter?
I suppose different people have a different definition. To me a true hunter is one that whatever their pursuit may be, treats mother nature, their fellow hunter, and their intended target with the utmost respect and when successful takes care to make a clean, ethical shot, and wastes not. No one is perfect and things go wrong sometimes and if you feel deep remorse, you should.
There are many out there that kill to kill, cut the head off and leave the carcass, claim anothers kill, disrepect landowners and other hunters by their actions afield, and the list goes on and on all so they can post up on social media to thump their chest and brag. To me, these are not true hunters. But to each their own I guess.

I suppose different people have a different definition. To me a true hunter is one that whatever their pursuit may be, treats mother nature, their fellow hunter, and their intended target with the utmost respect and when successful takes care to make a clean, ethical shot, and wastes not. No one is perfect and things go wrong sometimes and if you feel deep remorse, you should.
There are many out there that kill to kill, cut the head off and leave the carcass, claim anothers kill, disrepect landowners and other hunters by their actions afield, and the list goes on and on all so they can post up on social media to thump their chest and brag. To me, these are not true hunters. But to each their own I guess.
Well said!

I usually just simply thank the Lord for the animal and being able to share the day with those there that day, usually my kids. I've always wanted to set the tone for my kids killing is not fun but something we have to do, the prep and all that surrounds it can be fun but the singular act of killing should be a sober experience.

Well said!
Thank you, I appreciate it. Hunting has alwys been a spiritual thing for me. Being at one in His Creation and all the gifts He gives us. Figure it should be treated as such with the respect it deserves.

Btw, love the username. Those Herc's are one of the greatests planes ever made to this day!

Tradition and Hunting go hand in hand. Saying a prayer with my son at 10 yrs old when he got a doe started our tradition of prayer after a his successful deer hunts. The one I remember most was when he got a nice 8pt on a parent child hunt when he was 16. It wasn't the words. As we knelt with hats off and I took his hand…. He looked at me and said…. Not this time dad… He prayed!!!! So humbling. It's not the words we say to a Almighty God. It's our humble and grateful heart.

There's a saying I heard years ago that I taught my son.
I don't hunt to kill
I kill in order to have hunted

Maybe I'm weird. I don't respect most people so how in the world could I respect a dumb animal I plan on killing and eating. I have no more respect for the game than I do for the ticks on them. To me they are like potatoes or green beans from our garden. I love being in the outdoors and hunting. Often, I thank the Lord at seventy-eight I was able to hunt steep terrain alone last season. Maybe I will be able to hunt the same steep terrain again next year.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Hunting has alwys been a spiritual thing for me. Being at one in His Creation and all the gifts He gives us. Figure it should be treated as such with the respect it deserves.

Btw, love the username. Those Herc's are one of the greatests planes ever made to this day!
I flew on them as an Instructor Loadmaster for 22 years. Great job. Saw the world in both good and bad times. Miss it lots. Retired in 1998.

Agree 100% That's well said

Recent Posts