G7 on Nightforce ballistic program

trueblue

Can anyone tell me how to try different "G"models on Nightforce ballistic software. I have looked all thru the table of contents and can't find anything on it. Would like to run some ballistics with G7.

I just bought the perry software and posted the same question earlier today and was told that you can't change drag function only input BC at various velocities.

mikebob,
Thanks for the reply.That explains why I couldn't find it on the software.So, that leads me to wonder how to address the changed BC of Berger bullets and how it was mentioned on another post that they would match up better using the G7 drag model. Maybe "someone in the know "could chime in on that one.

Just because the rating of the bullet's BC has changed will not cause it to fly any different. If you get a MV and accurate scope height above bore, you can get the rest of the info through testing. Record all your MV and all your drop at several distances out to whatever distance you plan to shoot. Plug the info into the program and change the multiple BC figures untill you get a perfect match. The next few times you go shooting you can fine tune for cold bore etc. This may not be idea, but it works for me. Depending on your MV's you may get higher than rated BC's at closer ranges (higher bullet speeds) and lower BC's for longer ranges (lower bullet speeds).

First I am Looking to Get an ballistic program ?'

Second What Could I get to Put it on ?

I Have been told to Buy an Blackberry . Or an Phams Polit .

I am New to This . What ballistic program wold work together the Best ?

Terry

I dont think any program other than the excel ballistic programs will work on a blackberry. Or at least that is the only ones i could get to work on my 8310.

I just bought exbal and loaded it on my spare at&t 8525 phone, so easy a cave man could do it.

landcbeitner,
Could I just validate the trajectory, which would then adjust the muzzle velocity, and use the changed velocity for future drop charts, instead of changing multiple BC's to mirror the trajectory validation? Or maybe that won't work at the longer distances as the bullet slows down. I am assuming entering the multiple BC's would be more accurate ?

Yes, use validation for fine tuning (I actually just adjust the MV myself and tweak the multiple BC's at the same time). In what experience I have with the nightforce x-ball program I must use multiple BC's to get a perfect drop chart. It takes some work, but the rewards are well worth it. The X-ball program can then take care of the atmospheric conditions and altitude (if you have a portable weather station) and you simply have to do your best to judge the wind the bullet must fly through. I also keep a good drop chart on the stock incase the palm pilot breaks etc. Maybe Shawn Carlock has a better method of getting a perfect drop chart. I'm a little handicaped technologically.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.