g7 br2 range finder

klemm

Has any one had any problems with there G7 being off on temperature. Mine will take up to 40 minutes to drop from 61°(temp in house) to 40°(temp outside). It will also be off 5°(manual says+/- 2°). I verified with my Kestral. Am I just being too picky. For the price I want to be dame sure it is working properly. Also the alt changes from 61 to -15,during the course of the day. Even though the barametric pressure remains at 29.9 . To there credit Gunwerks said to send it back to get checked out. I don't want to waste there time if the range finder is working properly

The temp sensor is recessed in the front of the device near the battery compartment. The temperature of the device housing will effect the measured temperature. We are usually pretty careful not to let our body heat warm it in cold weather, or let the sun warm it up anytime.

I usually expect it to sample within 10 deg of actual. Considering the temperature could easily stratify that much across a canyon, I think its worthwhile to calculate how much that would effect your POI solution.

When I calculate the solution on the Gseven ballistic program, I get a 1" POI change for that error. Its not big enough to matter. Its important to keep perspective on small values, and to really pay attention to the things that do. The same thing goes for pressure and humidity.

As an exercise, calc the POI difference from 0 and 100 percent humidity....

Thanks Aaron. I appreciate your response. The temp difference was noticed when I first received the rangefinder. I was under the impression that the calibration may have been off.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.