G7 br2

Thanks guys for the feedback, appreciate all the info, its good to hear first hand accounts of how products work rather than just " reviews" that seem like some advertising at times. The G7 does look solid, time to get some coin together.

Scott

G7 is in a league of it's own you'll love it, I've also stepped from Bushnell to swaro to g7. It's amazing. I've never had any issues with beam divergence the computer seems to weed out the garbage pretty well.I've heard good things about the lieca 1600b but it's ballistic profile is limited, the g7 uses exactly what you put in no generic info. For speed of use in hunting it can't be beat to 1400. Beyond that get a terrapin. I rate them with g7 considerably better 1st
Lieca 1600 2nd
Swaro 3rd.
Everything else cheaper best used inside 500, Bushnell, Nikon, leupold and other cheaper lrf's.

I have owned both a g7 and a leica 1600 and I prefer the g7. It took me over a year to bite the bullet and buy one, but after shooting side by side with the leica and my shooting partners g7 I finally decided that the g7 was the best option for me. I had a terrapin in my hands as well and although there is no doubt it was the stronger rangefinder. The added options of the g7 made it my choice............That being said if you are going is pretty damned hard to beat especially if you practice with the unit.

+3. I'm on my 3rd season with my G7; with great success. I also own a Terrapin, and have tried the other RF's mentioned. For hunting out to 1200 yards the G7 is in a class of it's own.IMO.

Bruce wells is working on one with a ballistic comp and small beam divergence. Said it is suppost to be ready by shot show.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.