Fury Universal Fit .50 cal bullet does it again

logan197

Had another good muzzleloader season here in Kansas. Buck was quartering away at 50 yrds. Bullet went in behind 4th rib on left side and stopped right under hide on right shoulder. Retained 278 grs of 320. You can actually see the where th bullet is resting in the picture. Black spot on bucks right shoulder. Daughter also used my muzzleloader loader to take a big doe at 100 yrds. Dropped in her tracks. Her first time hunting with it.
IMG_4400.jpeg
IMG_4409.jpeg
IMG_4384.jpeg

Congrats! That's awesome you both got deer. My oldest daughter starts next year. I had basically identical results with the fury on my elk this year. Found in the offside shoulder and 283 gr leftover

Interesting information!

I used this bullet to kill a cow elk in 2022 . Hit her in the right leg just above the elbow, bullet continued through sternum area exited with a 1 1/2" hole. She ran 40 ft and died of internal blood loss. The bullet cut lower part of heart.

The interesting thing was my spotter saw the snow fly up behind her. He said I missed then we heard the twack of the bullet and her staggering.

I am surprised you found the bullet. Has to be the close proximity and perhaps the impact velocity. My load has the 320 fury leaving the muzzle at 2196 fps, impact velocity on the elk hunt @ 225 yds was 1796 fps. (7500 ft elevation)

I also took at coues wt at 200 yds the same year. Bullet went through ribs just behind the shoulder and exited with a 2" diameter hole. Impact velocity 1752 fps (4000 ft elevation)

I am interested in reading what your muzzle and impact velocities were.

Gday @logan197
Congrats all round & always love to see those smiles on the next generation
Thanks for sharing

@AZShooter
No muzzle loader history here & just general information that you may already know

We find different results on different resistances these include
various velocity impacts
Bones
Hide
Muscle
Organs
Angles & combinations of these resistances give us various results
& a few others that occur due to climatic

That's why one time you get a exit next a retained pill in the critter

that recovered pill above looks good & the mushroom shape is nice

Basically all c&c have a really good velocity working window of around 500 fps across most resistances it's working out where that really good working window is for that brand as we have many differences between brands
Not saying they don't kill outside of that window as they do but you get a critter that on the average will run further before tipping over ( to bad outcomes) & this includes all angles & resistances taken into account not just the broadside that some are gifted in producing most times

The best example of any company giving us this information is woodleigh bullets as they have on the whole a very narrow velocity impact recommendation yet their pills will still kill outside of the recommended velocity window
But it's also why woodleigh bullets have the following they do as if you stay within that window you get very good results across various resistances time after time

Jm2cw
Cheers

My MV is 2153 fps. Running 106 grs by weight Blackhorn 209. At 50 yrds the impact velocity was 2008 fps. I'm assuming the short distance was the reason for the bullet recover because I have yet to recover any other bullet. My daughters at 100 yrds was complete pass through like the rest. Destroyed both lungs.

Thanks Logan!

Two of my friends and I have taken bull elk, cow elk, coues wt, mule deer and javelina with this bullet. We tried other brands but once we discovered the 320 gr bonded Universal we have stayed with it.

Ross I would agree with you. I do not plan on changing any time soon. It would have to be something amazing in another bullet to switch. I have full confidence in this one.