New Fury bullet for the .50's

ENCORE

Fury designed a full bore bullet for the common twist 1:28 .50cal rifles. They are reported to shoot clover leaf at 100yds. Having use the Fury bullets last year, I'm quite impressed with both the accuracy and performance on game.
The bullet are available in both 285grs and 325grs. Currently they are not up on the web site, but will be soon. They are in stock and can be ordered.

BC with labradar of .260

new fury bullet for 50's 325 and 285.jpg

I am new to ML hunting, I have read deadcenter bullets rae the best and have BC in the .300 is the bullet 50 or sabot?

I am new to ML hunting, I have read deadcenter bullets rae the best and have BC in the .300 is the bullet 50 or sabot?
As for the "best bullet", it all depends on the shooter and what he/she prefers. No different than the Chevy vs Ford debates. Yes, there are bullets that are much better than others, but the debates will continue.

The Fury bullets are land riding bullets that do not use a sabot. There is a sizing package that can be ordered from Fury to check your individual bore size, which unless your rifle is a very high quality rifle, bore sizes vary, sometimes greatly even with the same model.
The absolute best way to size bullets is using a Swinglock .50cal sizing die. You can fit bullets specific to your individual bore and tweak them.
I used the Fury bullets last year hunting and from personal experience I can say, they are devastating on game.

@ENCORE
I am undertaking the task of upgrading a Rem U.M.L. for a friend/guide whom drew a highly desirable deer tag, he does everything he can to make our hunts successful, refusing any compensation!
I understand the U.M.L. is a 1:26 twist?
I am upgrading the breech plug with a arrowhead Gen 2 after market LRMP Plug, appropriate headspacing is underway. I am intending to use Blackhorn 209, suggestions for a bullet due to the 1:26 twist of this bullet you speak of may not work?
Thanks

@ENCORE
I am undertaking the task of upgrading a Rem U.M.L. for a friend/guide whom drew a highly desirable deer tag, he does everything he can to make our hunts successful, refusing any compensation!
I understand the U.M.L. is a 1:26 twist?
I am upgrading the breech plug with a arrowhead Gen 2 after market LRMP Plug, appropriate headspacing is underway. I am intending to use Blackhorn 209, suggestions for a bullet due to the 1:26 twist of this bullet you speak of may not work?
Thanks

A NOTE TO THOSE WHO MAY BE FOLLOWING AND READ THIS POST...…
THE CHARGE I'M ABOUT TO GIVE DAVE300 …… CAN NOT..... BE USED IN ANY PRODUCTION RIFLE! READ AND FOLLOW YOUR RIFLE OWNER'S MANUAL. DO NOT USE THIS CHARGE IN ANY OTHER RIFLE THAN THE RUM OR UF MUZZLELOADERS!

Before I sent my UF for a complete custom .45, I shot/tested some different bullets Fury had made for trial. The Fury star tip shot extremely accurate out of the UF 1:26 barrel out to 300yds. I could not get them to group at 400yds, which is well beyond most shooters capabilities with a muzzleloader anyway. They remained MOA at 300 and were outstanding at 200yds.

Again...…… NOT A CHARGE FOR ANY RIFLE OTHER THAN THE REMINGTON ULTIMATE MUZZLELOADER OR THE ULTIMATE FIREARMS MUZZLELOADER!

The charge and combination I found the most accurate with the Gen2 breech plug and UF was, 105grs by WEIGHT of BH209, using a .518"-.060" veggie wad. I used the .50cal Swinglock adjustable sizing die and sized the bullets to where they loaded at 23# force in a CLEAN barrel. At that time, the Fury star tip I was shooting was a 325gr bullet, which after many tests by shooters, are now a 320gr bullet.

I hunted with the Fury last fall and they are devastating on game. I was fortunate to have a 3.5yo 8pt show opening day at 80-100yds and it never knew it had existed. DRT before it hit the ground, straight down.
I have 300 of the star tip 2 setting on the bench, which I will shoot when the custom returns, which is REALLY CLOSE :)

The new Fury bullets Dennis is making for the 1:28 twist rifles should shoot excellent from production rifles with production rifle charges. Last I talked with Dennis, he was clover leafing them at 100yds with an Encore 1:28 twist using production rifle charges of BH.

https://www.furycustombullets.com/webapp/p/208/muzzle-loader

I have used Precision Rifle bullets for deer and elk. They expand to over an inch and anchor deer in their tracks. In my opinion, they are too soft for elk, and I didn't get pass through on longer shots (225 yds) with 150 gr. 777. It kills them fine, but no blood trail, so I sometimes didn't find them. Their Dead Centers work very well on deer. Harvester PT Golds shoot very well, kill just fine, and are about 1/2 the price.

My Kahnke rifle has a 1:26 twist, and shoots every bullet I've ever tried in it pretty well, from 180 gr. double sabots to 405 gr. .458s. I believe 1:28 is a little slow for the heavy bullets I like to use. I recommend 300 gr. or better for the increased B.C. and the Sectional Density needed for penetraton.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.