• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Allen Precision Raptor Stalker 338 Allen Xpress

jedlowe

I have for sale an Allen Precision Shooting Raptor Stalker Rifle chambered in the potent 338 Allen Xpress. This is probably the finest firearm I have ever owned, and I reluctantly post it for sale due to going to medical school next fall. It had a good run this fall killing a Mountain Goat, a Mule Deer, and an Elk. Due to little or no hunting plans for the next few years, I would like this rifle to go to someone who will hunt with it and use it. Without further ado, here are the specs.

APS Raptor Stalker 338 Allen Xpress

-APS Raptor right-handed receiver
-Full length 20 moa stainless steel 1913 Pic rail base
-Base triple pinned to rail base w/ six 8-40 mounting screws
-Heat treated match grade recoil lug
-Lilja Stainless steel Raptor Stalker contour barrel, 1-10 twist, fluted, 25" finish length plus brake
-Allen Precision Small 3 port Painkiller muzzle brake
-Huber Concepts 2-Stage trigger set at 2.2 lbs.
-Seekins DM system with one 3 round mag
-Manners 90% Carbon Fiber T5 stock, GAP Molded-In Camo, 13.5" LOP, with XLR Industries adjustable cheek piece installed. (Threaded rods run through the stock and are epoxied in place with Devcon. Two bolts per side thread into the threaded rods and secure the cheek piece. This makes a very solid, comfortable cheek piece that adds very little weight to the rifle.)
-Pillar and skim bedded

Also included in the sale are the following items.
-70 pieces of unfired, headstamped 338 Allen Xpress brass
-30 pieces of once-fired, headstamped 338 Allen Xpress brass
-Hornady FL 338 Allen Xpress Sizing Die
-Forster 338 Allen Xpress Seater Die
-15 pieces of 338 Lapua formed brass that has been fired three times

The rifle has been hunted with for one season, but I can't find any scratches in the stock or the metal. The molded-in camo now available through Manners is very durable! This rifle looks pretty much new even after a hunting season under its belt.

There have been around 100 rounds put down the tube. I don't have an exact number due to not keeping track of shots while hunting, but it is within plus or minus 10 of that.

This rifle lives up to Kirby's accuracy guarantee, and from my experience surpasses his guarantee by a good bit. It is superbly accurate and very stable especially considering that it weighs only 10 lbs. I used the Cutting Edge Bullets 225 grain bullet in this rifle. With a 0.65 G1 BC and launched at over 3400 fps, this made for a devastating long range hunting combination.

I am asking $4200 for everything listed above including the rifle, brass, and reloading dies.

The Atlas Bipod is NOT included in the sale.

If desired, the rifle can be purchased without the Huber Concepts 2-stage trigger for a $200 discount.

I will ship the rifle in a cheap, plastic hard case for the price above. If desired, I can ship the rifle in the aluminum Cabelas Bullet Proof case pictured in the last pic for an additional $150.

23i9pon.jpg

2lsd0yr.jpg

169qlo6.jpg

rares4.jpg

j5w60x.jpg

nice gun. i have been waiting for one to come up for sale for a while. I ended up buying a different one last Thursday, seams like im always a day off when i comes to this stuff.

Last edited:
This is still available. This rifle is the ultimate long-range hunting rig. If you run the ballistics of the the 225 grain Cutting Edge Bullets with a BC of 0.65 running at 3400 fps, this set up is impressive. Bump to the top for a proven killer!

That rifles got me drolling,wish I had more fun tickets, it would like the company of my 340WM:D and 338 Norma

This looks like a real dream rifle, i was just curious on how you would rate the recoil of this rifle and have you shot any of the 300 gr, through it?

I have had people ask about the price of this rifle thinking they could get a new one from Kirby for the same amount. While this is true, this rifle includes dies and brass. With dies running $325, and 100 pieces of 338 AX headstamped brass running $325, you are getting $650 of value in a like new rifle.

Just to sweeten the deal, I would be willing to ship the rifle in the aluminum hard case for the $4200 price. That is an extra $200 of value built into the package.

Recent Posts