• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

NEW APS Raptor Stalker, 300 Allen Xpress for sale.

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Ok guys, just finished this rifle up for a customer, brand new rifle, never left shot. Owner need to sell project so posting it for him. Here are the specs:

Specs/features:
APS Raptor Hunter receiver
Bartlein custom APS Stalker contour SS 9 twist 5R barrel, 27" finish, fluted
McMillan Game Hunter, light fill, flat black finish
Jewell trigger with top safety
HS Precision DM system
pillar bedding
Small Painkiller muzzle brake
Bead Blast matte finish
custom loading die set
100 formed Lapua brand brass
Fully function tested
Full load development
Accuracy tested at minimum of 1000 yards
Economy shipping hard case
All shipping/insurance cost to your FFL

Asking: $5300 or best offer

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

This rifle has a total weight, with optics (Leupold Mk4 4.5-14) at 10.3 lbs so without optics, around that 8.5 lb range. This is a mid weight rifle by design. The Raptor Stalker is a rifle basically FAR OVER ENGINEERED for strength using my Raptor Hunter receiver. With its massive strength and extra long tenion length, barrel support and rigidity are simply head and shoulders above everything else in this receiver footprint class.

Then add to this the APS Stalker barrel contour design which while being relatively lightweight, offers the barrel stiffness and rigidity of a barrel several contours larger. This is a result of the longer then normal, full diameter barrel shank which is where most of the barrel stiffness and rigidity come from. Also this is where the extreme torqueing forces generated by the acceleration of bullets occurs. Once the bullet gets up to speed the second half of the barrel, this torqueing stress dramatically drops off.

The Raptor Stalker was designed to compete, run head to head with rifles in the 12-14 lb range yet offer a more portable rifle. Kind of a jack of all trades rifle platform. With that said, the 300 Allen Xpress is simply put, the JACK OF ALL TRADES of my APS wildcat line of high performance wildcats. Not quite the ballistic performance of the 7mm Allen Magnum but longer barrel life and better terminal performance. Not quite the terminal performance of the 338 Allen Xpress but noticeably less recoil and better suited and more flexible for lighter and medium big game species.

This rifle is designed around the use of bullets such as the 200 gr Accubond, 200 gr Barnes LRX, the mid weight Hammer bullets and many others.

The 300 Allen Xpress will add a solid 150-200 fps over what the 300 RUM will do and do so with longer lasting brass for longer brass life and in a round that is significantly shorter to fit better in detachable magazines. Plus with the felt recoil of something similar to a 243 sporter weight rifle!!! Hard to explain until you feel one of those 200 gr class bullets rip out of the muzzle at 3400 fps and feel very little if any recoil....

Anyway, customer contacted me a few weeks ago saying he needed to sell this project. Told him I recommended waiting till the rifle was finished and ready to ship and then would post it for sale. As mentioned, brand new rifle, just finished build. Amazing mid weight power house rifle suitable for anything from pronghorn to bull elk and bull moose. Would even work just fine on big bears with proper bullet selection. Has the flexibility to offer precision at long range or extreme power at close range if needed.

Price does not include optics or bipod.

Again, asking new full $5300 price or best offer. If your interested please shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can get you any information you may want on this rifle or loads for the 300 Allen Xpress. Thanks for your consideration of this rifle. Great rifle!!

I love the look of your Raptor rifle..!!

Would the 215 Berger hold up to this much firepower? Or would it get bent out of shape, literally?

I wasn't very clear about my question. I was thinking about the forces on the bullet during firing. But I'll take that as a yes on bullet integrity during firing.

Yes the 181 would be truly a monster in this set up!!
People don't understand what shooting a decent bc bullet at nearly 3700 fps is like. It is truly life changing. 600y shots feel like 300y shots.

This rifle that Kirby is selling simply can't be touched by anything else out to 1000y when running the right bullet. For those of you that didn't see it one of or customers just shot a water buffalo at 60y with a 300AX running the 181g Hammer Hunter. Broke both shoulders and the bull only traveled 30y. The land owner and the guide both said they had never seen one die faster.

That is a beautiful rig.

- What's a realistic barrel life on that?
- What bullets did you work loads for?

That is a beautiful rig.

- What's a realistic barrel life on that?
- What bullets did you work loads for?

Well over 2000 rounds if barrel is cared for.

This rifle was designed for use with 200-215 gr class bullets. Have not done bullet load development and accuracy testing yet as I was waiting to hear what the new owner wanted to use for a bullet.