Fox Down

cavtrooper94

Put down a big Red today about 100 miles North of Fairbanks AK. Took the shot with my AR. I forgot my over whites so I stuck out like a soar thumb. It was hard to get a good range but it was right around 225 yards, uphill. I moved into snow about as deep as my waist and tried to get steady. At -30 degrees, trigger control was a little tuff, but when I squeezed it I immediately heard the tell tale thump. The 60gr VMAX hit a little low and put a hell of a hole in the pelt, but I think I can salvage it. I think I'll just tan it and hang it up as a conversation piece.

I want to post pics but can't figure it out. Why isn't there just an attachment button, instead of a url option?

Good shootin'! I didn't know Red's could be found that far north. Are there many?

Can't help with the pic's but sure hope to see some.

My buddy shot a red fox with his bow on the slope last year.

You will need a photo bucket account or something similar that will host pictures for you. Otherwise you can email it to me and I will post it for you. [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.