Found out who makes Cabelas scopes

The only ones that have manufactured scopes for Cabelas or a company in Japan that builds to order and also does a lot of other company's scopes. Light Optical Works is one of them that does this. Vortex didn't build any of them. The Euro's are all built by Meopta. Worked for them for a lot of years and if anyone ever tells you any different than what I told you they are full of that famous brown stuff.

Rumor has it that their "Euro" scopes are Meopta.
Does anybody have one?
I do. its mounted on a Mauser straight pull rifle in 270. The scope is a 3x9. I called ******** on the 99.5% light transmission until we took it to the engineering dept. at the U of U and tested it. Holy ****!!! 99.7! brightest scope I've ever owned. light and clear. I love the thing.

We just got a Cabellas in my area. It's like a hunter, shooter, fisher died and went to heaven. On another note- I have heard that Vortex will warranty anything with their name on it- even the WISH knockoffs. Now that's a warranty! I have a vortex copperhead and it's a lot of scope for under $200. It's their entry line or scope you find paired with a rifle for sale at say Dunham's Sports. Now try to guess what my favorite scope is??? https://monstrumtactical.com/6-24x50-ffp-g3-scope/
I'll give you my experience with vortex. My son bought a diamond back 3x9 for his older 308. Gun wouldn't hit the same place 2x. Checked all the mounts ect. , same out come. Put it on a 45 colt rifle , it patterned bullets over a 12" target at 25 yards, put the original scope back on " dead nutz ". Tells me bad scope, contact vortex, send it back. Few weeks later it's home, with a note saying they tested it, and it passed , it's fine. Stuck it on a 223, bore sighted, first shot 1:00 , second 6" away at 6:00, 3rd missed the target.put original scope back on, dead perfect. Vortex went into the dumpster, lesson learned. I understand the ( get a bad one sometimes ) , but in my opinion they never even looked at it.

Rumor has it that their "Euro" scopes are Meopta.
Does anybody have one?
From what I remember when I worked there you are right on that one. Meopta builds some nice optics for Cabelas and the price shows it. The thing to remember is this. If it says Made in Japan its going to be made by one of the companies there that builds to order. Just like the rest the US sold scopes that say Made in Japan. If it says Made in China well the same thing. Made to order by a Chinese company. If it says Assembled in the US, well that can mean a whole lot of evils. You don't know where it came from. Most scopes foreign made like China I tend to stay away from but Nikon are made in China and people seem to do alright with them. Now if you look close you will find a whole lot of our best scopes are made in Japan or Germany. Do some research. If you want to make sure its USA made well buy Leopold or US Optics. The rest are all a crap shoot.

I have a Cabela's Instinct 6.5x20x50mm scope that is definitely built by Meopta. Exceptionally clear & well made scope. Assembled in U.S. with lifetime warranty. Basically a Zeiss Conquest clone by same company that built the older Conquest - (pre-Terra).

Attachments

• 6.5x20 scope.jpeg
    6.5x20 scope.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 6.5x20 scope 2.jpeg
    6.5x20 scope 2.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 113
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.