who makes the best scope leveler

I'd like to see your setup.
I could not use a USO on my A-bolt, on my Cooper, on my 1KBR custom. The best I achieved was with a T2K, of which there is no better platform for toys.

This was the best I managed to come up with, and it sucked completely:

Now anyone can clearly see right here how **** dark the USO is.

I don't know what the originator of this thread shoots, but I'm confident the ScopeLevel will work for him. Not so, with ANY other..

Thats a nice setup Mikecr. I took a couple pics with my cell phone as to how I have mine mounted. The pics dont show the ACI as I have removed it to send it off for service. My ACI is mounted on the far side of the USO as I usually check angle first, dope the shot, aquire target, check for cant and squeeze. Notice in the second picture the camera has full field of view in the eyepiece and the Anti-cant can still be seen on the left side. Sorry for the shi**y pics but all I could find was a cell phone.

007-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

The Sinclair is offset and looks more robust than some of these others. As I said, I can see it with my left eye without moving out behind the rifle.

dosen't seem to be many options out there for a high quality, practicle scope level I'd like to see one built into the reticle of a decent nightforce or leupold scope, save me alot of hassle deciding on a comprimise.

I use the USO folding level because it suits the type of hunting that I normally do, which is crawling through brush and the folding option does not grab all the branches etc. Don't get me wrong as there are plenty of things that seem to catch on everything you walk, crawl, run through, turrets, knobs, slings you name it, I just like to limit the exposure. That being said I am sure that others will have their own recs. as to what is best

I got the Vertical Retical Instrument
DSCN0486.jpg

which turned out to be level
DSCN0485.jpg

and should line the scope up to the bore and tell you when the rifle is uncanted in the vise
DSCN0481.jpg

The next problem which this instrument does not solve is to make sure the reticles are level while the vertical reticle instrument tells you the rifle is uncanted and the scope is aligned with the bore. The way I did this was to put a 48" level on the fence about 20 yards away and line the horizontal reticle along it while the rifle was held thus.

Now the problem would be to duplicate the uncanted rifle and scope under field conditions. To do this I installed the Micro-Level Features
DSCN0476.jpg

which can be calibrated while the rifle is uncanted and then you use the lights in the top that can be used while focusing on the target, red light on either end showing the most cant, yellow light showing minor canting and the green light in the top middle showing the rifle is uncanted
DSCN0477.jpg

There is a double sided tape under the device that holds it securely to the scope and the band that is tightened down to hold it in place. It is secure but the device definitely needs to be protected from a hard knock.

It definitely works as advertised and doesn't look too out of place
DSCN0466.jpg

The device is not really made for scopes with a large ocular but I did manage install it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.