FORSTER DIE OPTION FOR SHERMAN CHAMBERINGS

elkaholic

I am looking for feedback on how many folks would like the idea of a Forster die option? They have standard bench rest sets, benchrest with micrometer seater sets, and a neck sizer that also bumps the shoulder. This would not be a replacement for the Whidden dies, but another option if it goes. Tell me your thoughts..........thanks/Rich

I would love to see a Redding 3-die set with standard adjustment FL & Neck sizers (non-bump), and a micrometer seating die.

Also, don't know if this might sound stupid, but for a long time, I have been wondering why nobody builds a resettable zero-stop micrometer seating die?

Last edited:
Go with the Forster full length die with the high mounted floating expander and the Forster benchrest seating die that is cheaper than the Redding seater die.

The Forster full length sizing die holds the neck of the case in the neck of the die when the expander enters the case neck. And this keeps the expander from pulling the necks off center and greatly reduces neck runout.

The Forster bushing bump die does not have this feature and produces more neck runout.

At the Whidden custom die website they tell you the non-bushing full length dies produce the most concentric cases. And Whidden does not sell neck sizing dies and that should tell you something.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.