For those with a Mark 5HD...question on mounts

jpfrog

I am in the process of building a fairly light weight rig- Defiance anTi short action, Manners EH6, 24" Carbon6, you know the drill. My plan was to put a VX6HD in some direct mount Talleys, but I now find myself awaiting the delivery of a Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 and it appears that direct mounting a 35mm tube is not going to happen.

Do any of you know of a 35mm direct mount option? Or, can you recommend a rail/ring setup that will come in as light as possible? I have a Murphy titanium rail on a long action Stiller with some NF ultra light rings in 30mm, but I'm new to the 35mm world and don't know who makes the best. I also don't see the anTi on Murphy's site for a rail option.

Hawkins

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
Hawkins Precision can help you I think
I noticed those 35mm rings for rail mounting, and that they do a 30mm and 34mm direct mount...I reached out to see if they have the ability to make a 35mm direct mount as well. If not, looks like their rail mounts are pretty sweet.

I bought the Leupold Backcountry Cross Slot rings when I ordered my Mark 5. I've hunted 2 seasons with them and shot over 500 rounds on a magnum rifle with zero issues.

I noticed those 35mm rings for rail mounting, and that they do a 30mm and 34mm direct mount...I reached out to see if they have the ability to make a 35mm direct mount as well. If not, looks like their rail mounts are pretty sweet.

They don't but Chris at Long Range Customs takes their 34mm direct mounts and machines them to 35mm. I have set I am expecting from him today or tomorrow. His contact info is in this thread on Rokslide that was started by Hawkins:

They don't but Chris at Long Range Customs takes their 34mm direct mounts and machines them to 35mm. I have set I am expecting from him today or tomorrow. His contact info is in this thread on Rokslide that was started by Hawkins:

Thanks! Hawkins actually sent me the same contact info, and I have reached out. Very excited!

Not sure on the hole spec on your anti? But I have some 35mm that went on a Lonepeak/stiller that I need to get rid of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
I really like Burris mounts with the no mar inserts. That's what I have with my 35mm scopes. I have no idea if they are available these days however.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.