Question on those with a Wheeler Laser Bore Sight

Snake Plysken1

Hey folks, got a quick question on the Wheeler green dot laser bore sight. I hope this is the correct spot to ask. I just unpacked the bore sight device, and upon reading Wheelers instructions, it states to NOT use rechargeable batteries for this device. Anyone have one, and know the reasoning behind it? If it's due to because it is a laser? If that's the case, you all with rangefinders, do you use rechargeable batteries on those?
I called Wheeler, and they said that the rechargeables "may" damage the bore sight. Not will, but may. I asked why, and did not really get a decent answer.
Any help would be appreciated

Voltage/amperage variances is the major culprit. NiMh batteries, the most common rechargeable, average 1.2 volts (for the 1.5 v standard battery); NiZn (zinc) is 1.6 v, and LiIo and LiPoly rechargeables--if obtainable in the size used--run 3.7 v. The bore sight--same as the Vectronix Terrapin--requires CR123 Lithium batteries and they are 3 v.

Voltage/amperage variances is the major culprit. NiMh batteries, the most common rechargeable, average 1.2 volts (for the 1.5 v standard battery); NiZn (zinc) is 1.6 v, and LiIo and LiPoly rechargeables--if obtainable in the size used--run 3.7 v. The bore sight--same as the Vectronix Terrapin--requires CR123 Lithium batteries and they are 3 v.
I apologize for not understanding terminology, on LiIo and LiPoly. Not sure what those are as far as this battery explanation. Are you meaning Lithium batteries? Because I did find rechargeables and a charger that'll do both CR2 for my rangefinder and CR123 for the bore sight. The rechargeables are Lithium.
Is the concern that it may be damage to my Wheeler bore sight because of a possible overcharge and higher volt output than standard batteries? If so, could I also possibly ruin my rangefinder?

Let's look past the bore sight and range finders, as these batteries are used in cameras, garage door openers, etc. if the concern is damage from over voltage, why do they even make these rechargeables? Not being a smart butt at all. I'm all about learning. Please school me, and thanks for replying!

Please share with me--all of us--where you found rechargeable LITHIUM batteries in CR2 and CR123 sizes. I gave up trying to find those; I do have a charger that does my 16550 and 18550 3.7 v batteries. Those are for headlamps. If they now make this then AAA and AA, D, & C won;t be far behind. Cold weather depletes all batteries at an accelerated rate, but lithium holds up the longest that I'm aware of. LiIo is lithium ion; LiPoly is lithium polymer.

Please share with me--all of us--where you found rechargeable LITHIUM batteries in CR2 and CR123 sizes. I gave up trying to find those; I do have a charger that does my 16550 and 18550 3.7 v batteries. Those are for headlamps. If they now make this then AAA and AA, D, & C won;t be far behind. Cold weather depletes all batteries at an accelerated rate, but lithium holds up the longest that I'm aware of. LiIo is lithium ion; LiPoly is lithium polymer.

Just checked on the CR2 rechargeables- Lithium Ion. I got CR2, CR123 batteries, with the charger to do both, from Amazon thru a company called SUPEREX HK TECHNOLOGY.
this is their email that came in the package: [email protected].
Good reviews on their products.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.