For those that want 300 WSM's in Remmy's

timbawwolf

For those that want 300 WSM\'s in Remmy\'s

The 300 WSM seems very popular here, as do the Remington model 700's. I've heard people talk about this caliber in one of the model 700 variations, and thought everyone might like to know that Remington is chambering for the 270 WSM in their model 700 SPS. They retail for $560, which isnt bad, and you dont have to mess with anything to get a WSM except changing the barrel. There's a link below to the rifle,

Timba
http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/700sps.htm

Re: For those that want 300 WSM\'s in Remmy\'s

I plan on getting one of these SPS's and loading some 130gr or 140gr Triple Shocks for deer to 400 yards or so. I've never seen a PSS in person, but these look exactly like them in the pic (to my untrained eye) and they seem to have a semi-heavy barrel.

Sorry, but that rifle is not close to the weight or design of a PSS. Totally different stock configuration and much heavier barrel. It looks like a fine rifle tho, much more trim. Looks like it is built on a long action M-700 which would be very nice for seating the rounds out longer.
I tried to find a picture of a PSS but could not locate Remington's LE website.

Timbawolf thanks for the info. I had heard Big Green was doing this but I hadn't been able to find any specific's on it. This rifle (SPS) looks more like the ADL version that the PSS model.
I've always thought the PSS was nothing more than a Sendero/VS with a heftier price tag. Johnny K.

You can also buy a Rem SA in any of the RSAUM calibers and rebarrel it to the WSMs without any other modifications.

You may want to consider rebarrelling a long action REM700 300 RUM if you are going after the 300 WSM. Especially if you want to seat the bullets long and still be able to get them in the mag well. The REM700 short action mag well is not very long.

I would measure things and do some planning if you want this to be anything but a single shot.

Just a thought.

Doug

I just bought a REM 700 BDL SS in 7MM RUM to rebarrel to 7MM WSM ....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.