Fluted bolt for Savage/Stevens

• Thread starter TrophyHunter_colorado
  • Start date
TrophyHunter_colorado

TrophyHunter_colorado

Do any of you guys know of a good gunsmith that will flute a Savage bolt? Or do you know anybody that has one allready fluted. I have a 300 win mag and I am trying to skinny the fat girl up. I know I could go short action but why change a good thing. Any advice would be great thanks guys

N

NesikaChad

I have a 4 axis CNC mill more than capable of doing this work and three months ago I bought a $600 dollar insert cutter just for this purpose.

B

bigngreen

Chad
What kinda fluting can you turn out? What's your price range? I was thinking about getting a bolt fluted also.

N

NesikaChad

It's identical to the fluting done on a Nesika brand bolt. $175.00+shipping and it'll be out of the shop within 72 hours.

MachV

MachV

The Savage action is not the first choice for a lite action...Heck even the Stevens will go 6½lbs without scope for the short action and very light tupperware.
Freds SSS flutes are almost more cosmetic than funtion as he only has a 3 ax They look great though and will not double the cost of an action.

J

jmason

There's nothin wrong with Chad's work. I haven't had him do any for me but I have seen plenty of pics. You won't go wrong working with him.

L

LRTacitcal

Hey Chad,

I know this is a pretty old post, but are you still able to flute a savage bolt? I recently purchased the 110BA .338LM and I'm looking to find someone that can make that happen. Thanks for your time.

G

geargrinder

J

jsthntn247

Yall are resurrecting the dead with this one. Chad no longer works on anything Savage for any purpose.