First time charging hog got to me

snox801

So been working out of town a bunch. Finally got some time to make it out and bring some new guys
Out for a hog hunt. I was detdetermined not to shoot one to let them have all the fun. So I only brought my glock in 45 for self defense. So after we had two hogs down the dog have a nice Russian boar locked up. I told the guide I'd take a closer look. As soon as the boar locked eyes I drew up and said don't come this way and sure as shot it charge. It was about 15 yards and closing quick, I got three in it before it got to me and the last one was so close it though I may have burnt my legs with the blast. Luckily no damage to me, after it made it by I turned around and noticed even the guide was gone. I was like what the hell. He said I should have ran to which I replied f that this is Florida you have the stand your found law so thats what I did. Ended up with a nice trophy and cool story Plus the two workers I brought now think I'm so crazy and are really walking the line now. Lol so its was another good hunt.

i don't have much personal experience with hogs, but from what i've read on the internet, hogs don't charge. you were probably just standing in the way of where it was going anyway :D

cool story, but i need a pic!!

Lol, ya I heard they are not tuff either so I always have to bring a 50 cal. Ill post pics as soon as I can.Then you can make them into some sexy pics to put on the Speedo of your truck. Just lime yourold high school girlfriend.

I had one come at me with a broad head sticking out of his ribs....I hopped up on a pile of rocks. It was that or smash him on the head with my bow.
Way to stand your ground !!

Went to a hog dog trial in Conroe TX.

After the first 5 runs it the score was:

Hogs 4 - dogs 0 and

Hog 1 and human 0

When that hog hog busted out of the brush pile he went about 15 yards straight to the dog handler who was a might slow getting to the fence flat ignoring the dog(s).

Doctor visit and a few stitches in his calf.

Nah, hogs don't charge.:rolleyes:

I've never been charged, but after ScMaleRn shot the big hoar the other night, I heard growling from 3 sides when we went to look at the boar. Nothing charged, but it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

i don't have much personal experience with hogs, but from what i've read on the internet, hogs don't charge. you were probably just standing in the way of where it was going anyway :D

cool story, but i need a pic!!

Don't believe that Internet BS! About 30 years ago my buddy got over 200 stitches from a big Russian that he chest shot with an arrow. It very purposely ran him down, and got him up the back of his leg and butt in the brief time it took before it died.

Way to go stand your ground when you have something to stop him. I did about the same thing. The dogs had him bayed and when I got with in 30 yards he came for me. I fired once with my 1911 at 20 yards didn't faze him. I waited till he was 10 foot from me and I put one in the top of his head. He skidded to my feet. If that shot had not stopped him I was going to put the barrel in his ear .

Thats the advantage of the MIA. Heavy wood stock and semi-auto....If I can't get him with 20 rounds of 168 grain, can always beat him to death with the wood stock! AND it has come close a few times on whether 20 rounds is enough...Got in a hurry and plowed about 4 acres of ground on one of my first trips trying to hit the darn thing!

Course, couldn't plant the plowed area, too much Lead contamination!

Packrat

Packrat 2.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.