Daughter Got a First Hog

Took my daughter out this morning. She is ecstatic with the results. Been asking me for awhile to go. I'm happier for her than I would have ever imagined.

View attachment 281590
It's so exciting taking your child out. When my oldest son shot his first whitetail buck I was shaking so much I couldn't get a good look at him through my binocs. He was cool as a cucumber. After he shot (DRT) he asked why I was shaking so much. Told him buck fever x100. I got out of the stand and ran to the deer and didn't even realize I did it. Left my rifle behind with all my doodads.

He still laughs about it.

Last edited:
Well she did it again. I don't know if I can contain her any more. 100 yards walking. Makes for number two in the books.
. C7F5D689-0BDD-4187-8007-12AEE17AD70D.jpeg

That's awesome!!! Looks like she's got a partner as well lol. Gotta love it!! Good on you Dad, let the girl hunt!!! Love it...
Yeah, her partner was a different conversation yesterday. He snuck out of the house behind us and worked his way 250 or so yards to the blind by himself at day break, the boy (her 4 year old brother) decided he wasn't going to be left out. That's another monster to deal with.

Yeah, her partner was a different conversation yesterday. He snuck out of the house behind us and worked his way 250 or so yards to the blind by himself at day break, the boy (her 4 year old brother) decided he wasn't going to be left out. That's another monster to deal with.
Oh man that brings back such hilarious memories for me!!! True story...when l was a baby l hated when my dad left to go hunting and would leave me home. He'd take me on shorter hunts or the more mellow ones carrying me in his pack. Well one day l snuck into the dog cage while he wasn't paying attention. Imagine his surprise when he let's the dogs out and I'm standing there covered in dog **** with a huge smile on my face cuz im going hunting lol. I was 2 years old, he was so ****ed but couldn't do anything now he had to take me lol. After a swift smack on the butt and a good dunking in the river in his pack l went and a hunting we did go. Was his hunting partner til the day he died. I miss hunting hogs with dogs with my dad but the memories will last forever.

I wish you a lifetime of hunts with them. Good on you for instilling that in them. Excellent job!!!

Aloha!