First time applying for MT, I might have screwed up

sprink

This year is my first time ever applying for any out of state hunts and my two boys (12 and 15)and I decided on a MT deer hunt. I applied and checked the box to apply as a party and got the party number to use to add my kids. When I was putting in all the info in for their youth deer applications I thought it was weird that I was never prompted for a party number but figured that since I needed to give my ALS# to sponsor them that the system was automatically making the connection and adding them to the party. Did I screw up or were my assumptions correct? Thanks in advance

Not an expert by no means. but I'm thinking that the party hunt would take place outside of the youth hunt so as not to include yourself for the youth hunt, but I could be mistaken. Call the office in Helena and they'll get it straightened out, they're not perfect but they are a far cry better than WDFW. BTW, the youth hunt here is a great thing, hunt two days before it opens for everyone (deer) and the schools close statewide for those two days.

This year is my first time ever applying for any out of state hunts and my two boys (12 and 15)and I decided on a MT deer hunt. I applied and checked the box to apply as a party and got the party number to use to add my kids. When I was putting in all the info in for their youth deer applications I thought it was weird that I was never prompted for a party number but figured that since I needed to give my ALS# to sponsor them that the system was automatically making the connection and adding them to the party. Did I screw up or were my assumptions correct? Thanks in advance
Yep, give FWP a call.