Hunting CA First Time: Advice?

Pcweidman

LRH,

Myself and a few buddies are flying out in Mid Feb to hunt hogs, bobcats, coyotes, and such with guide Matthew McGrew. Does anyone have any stories, advice, direction, and such on all or any of these animals in this habitat? I have never hunted California but am an avid hog hunter. From seeing the Pigman episode about hunting hogs out here I called Matthew to get booked up at the opportunity to hunt long range. There seems to be lots of open rolling hills and I am want to stretch my .300 AICS out for that hunt.

Any experiences hunting that part of the country would be greatly appreciated. We are flying into San Jose and traveling about 50 mins or so out into the grounds.

Thanks!

C

It was great man. We had lots of luck and got a couple high 200's and a couple 300's. guide was great. Property was beautiful and the food was good. I would recommend it for sure! I didn't get my big cookies and cream not red but I added a big gnarley black to my collection. Go for it man!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.