First semi-build for me

Well i am bad i ended up with a second 300 RUM Sendero. I had a buddy at work whos in law got one and didnt like it he said it kicks to much. So i bought that one to. I am going to end up converting one to a 7 MM STW or something my little hunting buddy (aka 13yo daughter) can shoot as well. I havent heard back from Remington but i havent checked either. My daughter and i started hunting coyotes and have been having a blast. Heck today is Christmas and we shot two this afternoon she smoked a big male at about 225yds of so with her little howa 243. We have taken 20 coyotes so far this winter. I have this thinking i am getting 20 bucks a dog and he comes and picks them up. So i have saved every cent i think i am going to let coyotes pay for my scope and brake for my sendero :)
Id just put a brake on both and let her shoot them both. A 300 ultra with a good recoilpad and a brake will kick less than a 243 anyway. Id have remington chamber it in whatever caliber I wanted since they jacked it up. Thats why I run savages, I dont have to wait for anything I just do it myself. Kinda scary that headspace is far enuf off on a sendero(Premium Line) to lock one up.

I run a Defensive Edge Brake on my .300 Rum I shoot 210 bergers at 3,050 FPS . It kicks like a .243 or .308 . I can shoot it one handed on sand bags if I choose to .

That may be the call then just keep them both 300 RUM i plan to brake them for sure I dont mind recoil but i enjoy shooting alot more then getting punched everytime i pull the trigger. My 13 yo daughter loves hunting abd shooting with me so i wanted to eventually build her a good long range rifle anyway. It would be easier to have them the same caliber so when i brake the first one and she can shoot it without it kicking her I will go that way but she will be the test. She is 100lbs soaking wet so she will be the one to decide. Although she killed her turkey this past spring with a 22in barreled 3in mag 12 ga and didnt complain at all and i have the 2 oz loads cooking out of it. She mowed a nice two bearded tom at about 40 yds...

I hear u on savages my buddy has bashed me to no end. He said i would not have had to deal with any of this B.S. with a savage. I went with the remington on a whim most of all I am a weatherby fan thru and thru. I have had weatherbys for years and i have all mark V ultra lights and they are great except the 300 WTBY kind of kicks hard I have got several laughs over the years with buddies shooting it. I never put a brake on it i always inteded to but I never shot it enough a couple to verify that it was still on shoot my elk and call it a year put her back in the safe. I have a good buddy that is into LRH alot. He killed his bear at 1040 yds and his mule deer at 11 something and he got me hooked. He shoots a 300 RUM Sendero with a night force and had me dusting rock at 1000 yard the first day i shot it. It was instantly a had to do for me. So i got my sendero cause that is what he had.

I will be braking both rifles i just have to decide on the brakes to use. I appreciate the info on perceived recoil. I shot a 300 win mag today with a brake and it was a baby doll to shoot and it was not heavy barreled.

just FYI the coyote total for this year so far is 22.... I have saved every cent i get 20 bucks a dog he comes and picks them up and no skinning for me so i have saved it all. I put it in a coffee can and its labeled NIGHT FORCE FUND. Hopefully it works out but usually my best months for coyotes are Jan-mid Mar. Wouldnt it be cool to let the coyotes buy my night force......

My 12 yr old son is a wuss and he shoots y edge all the time. Brakes make recoil obsolete. I dont beleive in recoil anymore just a good set of electronic muffs and a 223 kick.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts