First rounds fired through new Browning Xbolt 6.5 PRC

doctorjj

New rifle. First shot ever, aiming middle, hit top left. Make one adjustment to scope. Shoot next 3 into the green. This is at 100 yards. This is factory Norma 143 gr. Bondstrike ammo.

Browning X bolt Carbon Pro 6.5 PRC 1:7 twist, Talley rings with anti-can't level, AADMount flip up scope cover, NightForce NX8 2.5-20x50 FFP, MIL-XT illuminated reticle, MCarbo trigger spring upgrade breaks at 2.5lbs, CGS Hyperion suppressor, BALS MK2 rifle pack with built in bean bag.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
I have a browning X-Bolt white gold medallion rifle with octagon stainless barrel and blonde maple stock (it's a looker) and also did the M-Carbo spring upgrade (now I learn Timney just started making an after market drop in trigger two weeks after M-Carbo install...Doh!). That thing shoots like a custom rifle. Every brand and bullet weight of factory ammo shot sub MOA and the 142 gr Nosler Accubond LR shot a bug hole five shot group. Next shot after the range was a dead cull buck--went down hard, DRT before the noise of the rifle shot dissipated. Very impressed with this cartridge and rifle. SAKO 85 used to be my "go-to" for "off the shelf" rifles but may give Browning a hard look going forward. BTW, they're about a grand cheaper than the 85.

It's putting two rounds how it counts for a hunting rifle. Sweet looking rig. Lawrt, 2.5lbs would feel like a derringer trigger pull to me after running 1lbs TT diamonds the past year! LOL
There's 3 in that group.

This is not a brag on myself, but I really wasn't even trying to get a maximally right group. I just wanted to basically see how it shot and see if it liked this ammo, so to get 3 in somewhere around a half inch was just crazy. Especially being dead on target after one scope adjustment and being only the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds fired through it. It's really a brag on the gun and perhaps the ammo.