first long shot

Jimm

not long by the standards here but long for me,especially then.browning safari grade 300winnie.thanks for all the help with posting pix /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, jimm [image][/image] yeeeehaaaa!,i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks,thanks again .jimm

Thanks for the picture post... I don't know much about antelope but I'd guess it's a nice one and I'd also guess it was suprised right there in those last few seconds...

Thanks

435 paces ain't nothing to sneeze at. I'd be pleased as punch to get a speedgoat at that distance. My calculator says that 435 long paces (4 foot steps?) is 580 yards. Thats good shootin' in my book.

Thanks for the good words 4ked horn........I figure i get about 40" per long step,well at least I did 25 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif..... At least this goat was standing still. Out of all the animals I've hunted over the years I guess antelope is the most fun for me.Also, I love their meat, such a unique flavor yet still mild enough the pickiest eaters dont know it's wild game. see ya,...jimm.......btw, I guess this post should have been in long range hunting since that post's description has photos listed in it, you reckon? ...jimm

I figured that jimm was hinting at having it over here so "poof" I moved it.

It looks good over here don't you think???

JIMM,
Congratulations on your 1st. long shot! I'm in the planning stages of a combo Mule Deer and Antelope hunt for next year, and hopefully I can do what you've done... Good Shootin' Bro.

Preciate it night hunter , even though it was almost half my life ago i still remember it like it was yesterday .btw, where are you planning on hunting goats and mulies?....jimm

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.