First long range competition in Norway.

460wby

Finally, things are growing here on the scandinavian soil too.
We had our first long range BR-competition on 500m. It's not so far, but it is a start.
We tried out 800m and 1200m yesterday as well, and that was fun too.
It's like a F-class, but we havent set the rules yet.
This is still new, so i guess we'll set the rules as the shooting goes on.
Fun though! I used a 6,5-06, with 140grs A-max.

Nice to hear your 500m Br start.
Where in Norway you start shooting 500m?

I and other longrange benchresters from Finland maybe come visit someday.

Matti Kumpulainen
FINLAND

[ QUOTE ]
It's like a F-class, but we havent set the rules yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it is just like F-class. Nobody reads the rules and everybody just does as they please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like you may need to install some "visitor" benches soon.

Len

Small world I guess, I believe Finnsnes is in the far north, my wife's mother's family was from Trondheim.

Hi.
We dont want to many visitors on our matches. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We had a couple of swedes shooting, and one of them won the whole competition........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For those that reads Norwegian you can look up www.nbsf.no
and finding some info there.
Our first match was in "Numedal", almost 80km north of "Kongsberg".
There wil be more shooting like this, for sure. I looks like this kind of shooting has got a "kick-start".
The only "problems" so far, is to get an overview over shooting-ranges, or places to shoot so far. But I think it is a lot of people working with this matter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Finsnes, is quite far north in Norway yes.

Yep, the competition was fun, and the whole "Long range" idea is growing really well, and hopefully there will be ranges all over Norway very soon.
The range in Kongsberg has been well visited during "training sessions" and it has been well equiped with "Gongs" to 750 meters. Sierra 22 should be able to fill in on this aswell.

Here we go again!!
8 and 9'th of March there is a new event. Same place, same 500m, and hopefully the same devil wind.........hehe..

:D

Cool good luck on the shooting and the ljutefisk.

I have a gun magazine from 6 months ago about a Norway long range shoot. Figuring the magazine took three months to publish the shoot must have been March 07 or something. Glad to see the sport is growing there. Hope it does same next door in Sweden.

Great to see you having a match.

Where is Gran?

Back in the dark ages the 2nd Battalion, Second Marine Regiment, Second Marine Infantry Division, including my S-2 Scout Sniper unit, visited the northern reaches of your georgous country for a NATO Operation - Barfrost 1977. We flew into an airbase somewhere north of Narvik and played in the frozen tundra about half way between Narvik and Troumso (sorry for my spelling). To a man we were struck by the warm reception that we recieved from the Norwegan military and the civilian population, and the county itself - especially the artic fox that boldly and routinely went into our tents and stole our food.

JeffVN

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.